Signal quality low

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xz01

Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
MA
Hi Guys, my first day here. I had been using motorized dish (Ku) and DVB2000 receiver. I recently moved the dish to a different spot in my back yard, no block in the view, cable is not too long and no matter what I do, I can never get the signal quality more than 50% (was 70%), the strength is in its 70's. First I thought it was the LNB, but with the different LNB the same story. Could someone give me a help?

Thank you in advance. By the way I live in Massachusetts.

Xiping

Are you sure it's level, that nothing came loose, was knocked askew, or was pulled out?

you might want to try to move the dish a little to the east or west. Use the Diseqc 1.2 function, if the receiver has it.

We had real strong winds in Minneapolis a week ago, and now my dish is a little out of whack. I use to have 75 quality...then it went to 50. A little tqeak with the motor settings and we're all back in business :)

The DBS-2000 is a great receiver, are you sure there is nothing overhanging the dish, I find a lot of problems caused by trees or the eaves of roofs over hanging a dish, I have had more problems with what overhangs a dish rather with what is in front of it, over the years. If you are sure there is nothing overhanging or in front of the dish partially blocking the line of sight, I would try moving the LNBF closer or further away form the dish, and also twist it left and right to bring the skew in as close as you can, if all else fails maybe a new lower noise LNBF would help, good luck and welcome to the forum!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)