This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Signal Quality on Galaxy 25

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ebrahim1

Original poster
May 21, 2007
Hello,

I recently installed a motorized system (32" fortec, SG1200 and Mercury II). I am in Atlanta Georgia Lat=35, long = 84. I am able to track most satellites from 58 W to about 107W. Beyond that I think the tree block the signals. I am afraid to mess with this further in case I lose it all.

I am getting signal level = 85 and signal quality = between 50 - 60 on an average.

Question" Is this NORMAL or do I need to go and tweak even further. The only issue I have is that sometimes on Galaxy 25 (mostly arabic channels) the signal quality drops to around 40-45 and I get bad quality pictures. But then after a few hours it goes back to Sig quality 50-60 and I am back in business

SHOULD I JUST LEAVE IT ALONE? or mess with it further. I am in Atlanta Georgia.

Thanks for sharing your experience

Alnoor

Last edited:
If the Arabic channels are the main channels you will be watching, you may have to tweak your alignment a little.

It could also that the wind is causing the trees to partially block the signal from G25. Your option will be to trim the tree a little.

Status
Please reply by conversation.