Signal Quality on IA5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrtrance

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
What's the highest signal quality ppl have gotten on IA5 whether using a coolsat5K or either stb's? I'm at 89 right now. Anyone doing in the upper 90's and if so, is your picture quality pretty decent. No breakups or pixelation going on any of the channels?

The Coolsat max is 90...it doesnt go any higher even on a DBS slot
I can pull 99 on Pansat 1500

For the 3rd time today, picture is fine. The pixelation is due to the fact you have a larger TV (digital signals show pixelation on larger TV's) and the source

-Its not the signal
-Its not your receiver
-Getting a different receiver won't change the issue

The issue is the source. What channels SPECIFICALLY have pixelation on them that you see? We have asked this before and you still havent answered it. Please refrain from opening 3 posts with the same question (just worded differently)

Iceberg said:
The Coolsat max is 90...it doesnt go any higher even on a DBS slot
I can pull 99 on Pansat 1500

For the 3rd time today, picture is fine. The pixelation is due to the fact you have a larger TV (digital signals show pixelation on larger TV's) and the source

-Its not the signal
-Its not your receiver
-Getting a different receiver won't change the issue

The issue is the source. What channels SPECIFICALLY have pixelation on them that you see? We have asked this before and you still havent answered it. Please refrain from opening 3 posts with the same question (just worded differently)

I was thinking do you think a bigger than dish than the 80cm fortec that I have now would correct the pixelation problem? Or is it just the source that is bad and bigger dish wouldn't make a difference? Like I was thinking of moving to a 90cm fortec dish instead it will improve the quality. I was hoping with the 0.4dB Sadoun lnb and the 80 fortec dish that it should work well. I'm not complaining though that 90-95% of the channels are excellent quality except for a few that has a lot of action sequences and moving visuals.

Is the pixelation due to the source of the picture or low signal? As long as you have a stable picture, the pizelation is probably from the source (some of the channels on IA5 arent the best) and a bigger dish won't help.

I can bet that the pixelization is due to source. If you trying to watch dance numbers in ASC it is really bad. Russia Today and "Test" have the best pix in IA5. Stick to the same dish if you are not having pixelization in Russia Today!

Zero said:
I can bet that the pixelization is due to source. If you trying to watch dance numbers in ASC it is really bad. Russia Today and "Test" have the best pix in IA5. Stick to the same dish if you are not having pixelization in Russia Today!

Ya it's pretty much present on the dance numbers on the hindi channels and some of the persian music videos. Russia today does have the best quality and no pixelation on that channel. So it's the source that is causing the pixelation problems. I wish they would fix at their end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts