Signal quality

Link

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
Illinois
I have Sling TV for some channels I don't get on the Welcome Pack with Dish. I watch NBA on TNT and lately the signal drops and the picture quality gets grainy and fuzzy and then comes back to HD quality. It isn't constant but happens off and on with TNT and other channels. Our internet wifi is fine because other streaming services like Watch ABC, Amazon, and Hulu work just fine. Sling tried to help by having me do the usual reset the roku, reload the app and nothing helped.

I see similar behavior on various channels especially CNN. I'm guessing that Sling can't provide a full bandwidth signal all the time due to the number of subscribers at that point in time. I don't think it has anything to do with my internet connection.

This is an area where Sling needs major improvement in my opinion.

Regards,
Alan

Reactions: andy_horton
I see similar behavior on various channels especially CNN. I'm guessing that Sling can't provide a full bandwidth signal all the time due to the number of subscribers at that point in time. I don't think it has anything to do with my internet connection.

This is an area where Sling needs major improvement in my opinion.

Regards,
Alan

Yes I agree. While I like their service and interface on my Roku, watching the NBA game on TNT last night was pretty much impossible. I did the free preview a week or so ago with PlayStation Vue and I will say the service was solid with no dropouts. The only drawback is using the Fire Stick with the service and the app seems slow to navigate. I hope they bring the service to the Roku.