signal strenght for 110 and 119 new to dish

syncdram

Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
Hi, i just recently had dish pro 500 installed. I'm trying to get the best possible signals from both sats. I've learned that the local channels such as 3 6 and 10 on sat 110 is high say 100 but when u go up to say 200 cnn on 119 the signal is low say 87 and the higher i go the lower the signals get 69. what do i need to know about getting both sats at or above 100. The settings for my zipcode are good. by rotating the scew i'm able to increase one sat signal but in doing so decrease the signal of the second sat. right now i have found a compromising setting for both sats but i'm not satified. right after i had my system installed my parents had theres installed with much higher signals from both sats and theres is even shooting through trees. any suggestions?

syncdram said:
Hi, i just recently had dish pro 500 installed. I'm trying to get the best possible signals from both sats. I've learned that the local channels such as 3 6 and 10 on sat 110 is high say 100 but when u go up to say 200 cnn on 119 the signal is low say 87 and the higher i go the lower the signals get 69. what do i need to know about getting both sats at or above 100. The settings for my zipcode are good. by rotating the scew i'm able to increase one sat signal but in doing so decrease the signal of the second sat. right now i have found a compromising setting for both sats but i'm not satified. right after i had my system installed my parents had theres installed with much higher signals from both sats and theres is even shooting through trees. any suggestions?
Assuming DISH installed your system get them back out to do it correctly. 800-333-3474

First check to see if you mast is level.

Then check your zip and make sure your skew and elevation is set right. The superdish skews around here are set on 112 but the dish guys set them at 115 to 120 for some reason. I always know when I do a service call behind on of these guys.

I have found that "in my area at least" I can peg sat 119 out to the max, and I only have 100 to 110 on sat 110.

Most people will tell you however to try to get them both the same but most of the time one sat will be high depending on were you are. Also dont expect all the transponders to be high some may be 120 and some may be 80.

Always use transponders 11 AND 12 for 110 & 119 signal strengths. Different transponders will come in at vastly different strengths - especially the spotbeams.

Strengths vary by receiver type and equipment used. Diplexers, Separators, number of "splices" (ground blocks, barrel connectors, wall plates) can all lower the signal - ad of course, cable type & length are a big factor along with connector quality. Even different types of LNB affect it.

Lately, I've been getting 85-95 on 322s with DP Twins, while my personal 501 via DP Twin and DP34 is getting 77 (110-12) to 93 (119-11). My 921 is showing 83 (119-12) to 98 (110-11) on both tuners. Notice how the highs & lows are on opposite birds, but evens are always lower. Anyway, the 77 is a bit low - I haven't peaked that dish since the last couple of LNB swaps, so I'm about due. I probably should check my other dishes while I'm at it - especially 61.5 now that the 921 Point Dish can "see" the V* transponders. I'm ALWAYS messing with my setup just to see what happens - it's nice to have a van full of parts. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)