signal strength help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

horizon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
I'm looking at IA-13. I've got a 10' BUD with a fortec lifetime classic NA FTA receiver and C-band.

When I look at 4186-v-5185 I get a locked indicator and level of 80%, those channels are fine.

3940-v-29270 it is unlocked and levels bounce from 0-26%
3900-v-27684 is locked with a steady 66%

Is there an easy answer why 3940-v-29270 is off compared to the others on that satellite for my setup?

(My BUD came with the house and I've just started to crank it up) It's got a 40degree c-band LNB, which I gather a lower degree rating is better.

ia-13

Your fortec and many other fta receivers will identify digicipher 2 transponder data streams but it cannot play them, even if they are free to air. Although Motorola claims digicipher 2 is mpeg-2, it is not compatible with the rest of the world.

Digicipher 2 is more complex in the way that it maps and tables the virtual channels.

Look at WWW.LYNGSAT.com, go to "frequencies" and pick "echo9-IA13" look at tp's and what's on them. Look for the ones that say "F" free tv, and DVB.
Hope that helps-trucker:)

My Pansat and my Coolsat wouldn't register any signal quality on a DC transponder. It would see the DVB variants though (Nag / powervu, etc).

Thanks guys!

I didn't realize the F wasn't for all free-to-air.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)