Signal strength on SES1

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
My big dish has been out of adjustment for some time. When Spring gets here, I will try and re-peak it. Anyway, this afternoon after another rain & wind event we had, I found AMC18 to be okay, but when I went over to SES1, I found several signals that are down. I have not paid attention if there has been a drop in some of TPs. I am using my old Pansat 9500 with an 8.5 BUD. Here is what I found:
3748 54-60%
3744 56-59%
3732 73-75%
3725 85%
3764 61-66%
3704 70-75%
3707 61-66%
3772 85%
3716 24-42%

Seems to me that some of these used to be stronger. I decided to just peak the dish on SES1 and the polarity, and this is about all I can squeeze out of it. I checked AMC18 3780 a bit earlier and had 85-87% there. Is SES1 weaker than a year ago? Thanks.

FWIW... I have had problems with Decades and both Heroes for several weeks. (At random times) Signal often 50% or less than other transponders. A (very) few times Movies and MeTV have been glitching as well.

Start Tv's never seem affected when I check them though. Naturally it hurts what I watch the most! Grrr.

Possibly interference of some sort in my area. IDK

FWIW... I have had problems with Decades and both Heroes for several weeks. (At random times) Signal often 50% or less than other transponders. A (very) few times Movies and MeTV have been glitching as well.

Start Tv's never seem affected when I check them though. Naturally it hurts what I watch the most! Grrr.

Possibly interference of some sort in my area. IDK

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Glad to know it is not just me. the Winter weather and all, it is too hard to really peak the dish now. I will have to wait until Spring with some clear weather. Start TV does seem to be stronger, but METV seems up there too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts