Signal strength problem on 101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Spider John

Original poster
Apr 23, 2005
I've had DTV for several years on a round single tv dish without any problems.
Self installed BTW.

A couple of months ago I went to a 3 LBN oval dish to get the recently available local channels here in the Pensacola FL area. Still on a single cable/tv.

I plummed the mast and aligned the dish without a problem. The 101 sat was only about 50 to 70 signal strength on all the transponders but I figured I could live with that.

About 2 weeks ago the 101 sat channels started pixelating and dropping out completely during the day and into the early evening but later on in the night they held the signal a little better, although still weak.

I've realigned the dish several times since the and I get the 110 and 119 sats. between 95 and 100% strength all the time(with about half the transponders at 100), but the 101 just will not keep a signal consistantly. It drops out to 0 and back to 30 or 40% several times a minute, which makes watching the majority of my channels impossible.

Am I just not getting the alignment right or do you think I have a hardware problem. This is starting to drive me nuts.

From an installer....an HSP, i would change your connectors...the 110 and 119 are sensetive to stuff like this and it make cause the 101 to do this

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)