Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Cortez, CO
Logged on.
Looked at the last 20 hours of posts.
None of them worth reading.
I really am wasting my time here.

I do not know what you expect to happen in 20 hours? It is not like big news happens every day. 99.9% of the posts are just noise discussing previous news.

Look at how many posts the op has. Enough said.

I do not know what you expect to happen in 20 hours? It is not like big news happens every day. 99.9% of the posts are just noise discussing previous news.

98% of the posts in that 20 hour period were inane trivial posts. A real waste of time. I'm talking about the whole site, not just this forum.

98% of the posts in that 20 hour period were inane trivial posts. A real waste of time. I'm talking about the whole site, not just this forum.

Then why bother posting just to complain? Do something else. Read a book. Mow the lawn. Don't just complain. Besides, I can hear your head rattling.

Then why bother posting just to complain? Do something else. Read a book. Mow the lawn. Don't just complain. Besides, I can hear your head rattling.

Actually, it was a left handed comment on how intellectually challenged the majority of the population is, you may or may-not understand.

I have to agree with the OP.

The success of SatelliteGuys has brought a lot of "mentally challenged" people who post entirely from their emotional response, and don't really care about facts.

These people post just to see their words in print on the screen. They tend to clutter the threads, and make it twice as hard to read interesting and worthwhile posts like those from the sort of people who post in this thread (and this sub-Forum).

However, they do have every right to post, as much as anyone else. And that is the dilemma.

But it does get tiresome to post for the 1000th time:
The information you want is in the post right above your post.

And you see, it's those "mentally challenged" posts is what makes SatGuys the success that it is. And yes, some threads do get a little cluttered. But you know what...that's the beauty of human nature; we get off topic sometimes, but in the end it all works out.

The posts that *do* drive me nuts are ones that complain for no reason other than to start chaos and/or trouble, with little or no hope of getting things reconciled.

for example: http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelli...00-reporting-avatar-signature-violations.html

And you see, it's those "mentally challenged" posts is what makes SatGuys the success that it is. And yes, some threads do get a little cluttered. But you know what...that's the beauty of human nature; we get off topic sometimes, but in the end it all works out.

The posts that *do* drive me nuts are ones that complain for no reason other than to start chaos and/or trouble, with little or no hope of getting things reconciled.

for example: http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelli...00-reporting-avatar-signature-violations.html

I was thinking the exact same thing Webbydude!

not a candle !

no, No, NO!
This forum cannot hold a candle to the worthless, inane, pointless, mind-numbing, blinding, spam, that is AVSforum !
There, they routinely have 2000 or 3000 post threads, which could easily be cut down to 200 or 300 posts by moderators.
I think that forum gets off on having high post counts.

Here, at least in the threads I read, it's rare to see 100 posts.
Well, I might be a bit sheltered - I live mostly in the FTA section. - :rolleyes:
That's where a technical group is located.
As for the mind-numbing "what will Dish offer next week?" crowd, I just avoid them.

It's pretty easy to skip silly threads, if they have a Truth-In-Advertizing topic listed.
And if you're stupid enough to read threads like, "You'll never guess...", or even "Dish pissed me off...", then you deserve what you get! - :D

Over the years, I've generally found the threads I search out, to be meaty, and full of information.
Yes, there's some fluff, but having seen much worse, I can't complain! - :up

So, instead of reading everything the unwashed have posted in the last day, be selective and read what is interesting to you.
I do, and it works out quite well!
Hope ya find peace, be it here or elsewhere. :eureka

I agree with Anole, you don't have to read all the threads, this forum provides tools to filter and subscribe.
I also block some posters as there value add is always low, due to their inability to see a post for what it is, and not have the need to show how much more "intelligent" they are or nasty they can be.

On the other hand, i do find myself spending less and less time in the Dish Forum as it tends to be moaning and complaining, when i joined i could not believe the amount of truly helpful people solving real users problems.
Maybe it has changed because i'm that much smarter, thanks to this forum !

Anyway i will keep coming back, it is my site to visit every day and i hope i have contributed and given something back.

Maybe it has changed because i'm that much smarter, thanks to this forum !

Bingo, we have a winner.

Another thing I have seen is that we are so good at posting info first folks want more and get upset when we have nothing new to share with them. I have actually received complaints for not posting enough new information. Trust me when I have something to share you guys will know about it. :)

We are a victom of our own success. :D :D

When Sat Guys first started up, most of the people that joined had a pretty good idea of what was going on. If they didn't, they kept their mouth shut, listened and learned. Now the ones that know what is going on are few and far between. Most of the others know just enough to be dangerous, and don't listen because they already know it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts