Signature Editing/Deletion?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
hall said:
Personally, I disagree, but it's not for me to decide.... I believe rules are rules and they apply to everyone and no one is special or exempt. On avatars, for example, you're not allowed to have "adult" type images (which I agree with 100%) but does that mean certain people can have those type avatars ?? Whether they would or not isn't the issue.

Fair enough, thank you for respecting my thoughts. (not sarcasm) :)

damaged said:
Fair enough, thank you for respecting my thoughts. (not sarcasm) :)
Maybe allow the "Pub" members to have more lines in their sigs like some other mboards due when you pay and let the mods/admins fall under those rules. 3 lines for normal members, 3,000 for Pub and mods! :D

Are you sure you didn't click on the "Show your signature" line at the bottom of the post by mistake? ;)

I posted a test post and it contains my signature. However, all previous post have no signature --- strange.

I am having problems with my signature being edited and a BFG staff replied and said it was me doing it, but after that it disappeared again. I will hopefully post this signature here and please tell me how I should edit it for it not to be deleted. On the same thread (Club Dish), another poster's signature says something similar and his is not being deleted.

I don't mind editing it if all posters are being treated the same.

Thanks

I saw one of yours the other day and it looked like a big ad. And also if I remember correctly your profile was nothing more then a big ad with a scan of the club dish rules and regulations. (If it was not you then I appolgize, with 55,000 members its hard to keep track)

I think we may soon take the route that other DBS sites have taken and may stop the promotion of Club Dish because of the spam fest it has turned into.

Whenever someone requests a club dish number their PM box fills up in a matter of minutes. The person who requested it gets one number but does not clear out his PM box which causing a lot of wasted space in the database.

Plus there is a lot of fighting in the backround people complaigning that others are hogging giving out numbers etc... From where I sit its just a big headache.

I do know Dish was looking to change their club dish program to prevent this froom happening, and I have been waiting for them to do it, but it looks like we may need to take action before they make the changes.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I saw one of yours the other day and it looked like a big ad. And also if I remember correctly your profile was nothing more then a big ad with a scan of the club dish rules and regulations. (If it was not you then I appolgize, with 55,000 members its hard to keep track)

I think we may soon take the route that other DBS sites have taken and may stop the promotion of Club Dish because of the spam fest it has turned into.

Whenever someone requests a club dish number their PM box fills up in a matter of minutes. The person who requested it gets one number but does not clear out his PM box which causing a lot of wasted space in the database.

Plus there is a lot of fighting in the backround people complaigning that others are hogging giving out numbers etc... From where I sit its just a big headache.

I do know Dish was looking to change their club dish program to prevent this froom happening, and I have been waiting for them to do it, but it looks like we may need to take action before they make the changes.

Thank god, I think I know the guy you are talking about, don't remeber the username, but I looked at all his posts, and every single one of them were him pimping those club dish numbers.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I think we may soon take the route that other DBS sites have taken and may stop the promotion of Club Dish...
Not a bad idea... I subscribed to the "request" thread and gave up on it fairly quickly. A couple of people were posting *offering* their numbers, not providing, which was the point of the thread. To be honest, if the posts offering unsolicited numbers were deleted and a post from a mod every once in a while stating "do NOT offer ClubDish numbers, only provide them, via PM, when requested" was done, I think people would get the point.

Scott Greczkowski said:

I might have added a lot of Club Dish perks, etc, but have deleted them, but noone told me and deleting my signature does not help inform me of the rules. I don't mind if they are enforced for everyone.

Also, it seems some of the staff are doing some pretty crazy thngs--they are deleting the signatures of some and not others and we have to "guess" what they want us to do. Also, a prospective Dish customer had posted a request for a Dish Club number--but the "staff" deleted his post right after an email came to me notifying me of the post, so when I went to the thread, it was not there.

I finally logged off because I could not tell who was needing the Club Dish number. BUt, then magically, it appeared later and the staff member immediately responded--"Will send PM". What does that look like to you?

Club Dish menbers are only allowed 5 per year, so they are not going to be doing all of this repeatedly, unless they have some special way to get more than 5/year. Also, it is a way to get the monthly fee down, as it gets to be exorbitant for most people.

I don't think it hurts anyone if we have information posted under a given thread. I try to not attach my signature to other posts, but forget sometimes, but only use it if a person is looking for a better deal.

There are plenty of new customers to go around. If each customer used the Code as planned and DISH allowed it, we wouldn't have to keep posting, but I have given out over a dozen Codes since June and only 4 were used or accepted by DISH, so I only have one more to go and then I won't need to post my signature.

It just does not help to delete or edit a signature or delete posts from a thread to keep a member from promoting his Club Dish membership. I NEVER give out codes except PM. But, instead of a staff playing funny games of deleting posts and then putting them back aftrer you log off--you need some intelligent less infantile staff who play games with the average DISH subscriber who frequents this forum.

Thanks,
Pat

About the deleted post and then repost of it--here's the email I got earlier today and then the post did not show up under the thread, but got an email ,f 4:27 pm that it was finally posted:

10:47 am
Enamul has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - I need a Club Dish Referral number - in the The Dish Network Forum forum of SatelliteGuys.US.

This thread is located at:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=31953&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Could somebody please PM me a referral? Thanks.

4:24 pm Post
Today, 04:24 PM

I need a club dish referral, please PM me.

THEN the staff member posts:
Today, 04:29 PM
Proud Staff Member

Proud Staff Member
Visit My Blog

sent

how about you quit your conspiracy theories and quit bitching about something as silly as the club dish thread

for your info he deleted his own post then came back and posted again

Enamul
This message has been deleted by Enamul.

We have a sticky in this very subforum regarding the rules for signatures. It's posted clearly what is and isn't allowed.

Neutron said:
We have a sticky in this very subforum regarding the rules for signatures. It's posted clearly what is and isn't allowed.
People don't typically visit this forum/sub-forum until they run into a problem with the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)