Signing up with Direct at Best Buy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mo Fly

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
i was at best buy today and they were selling direct. i talked to the guy since i'm a ticked off dish customer. one part of the offer was that my bill would be $10 less than the current regular rate after the first 12 month introductory rate expired. that sounds like a sweet deal. has anyone had experience with signing up at best buy? if so, did they follow thru on their promises?

I can't say about signing up with Direct at Best Buy. But got screwed out of a $25 Barnes and Noble Card from Best Buy when when we got the Nook (book reader). The card despite being entered by the BB clerk, the card has no value and we tried to get this fixed twice, spend a long time on the phone to BB HQ and the BB store and they never would fix the issue. Best Buy and HH Gregg are now stores we refuse to ever buy from again. HH Gregg screwed us out of a rebate two years ago.

I don't know what best buy was offering, the way you worded it I didn't really understand. Compare it very closely to what Directv offers directly and read their offer thoroughly. Some of their offers are with a TV purchase and such, just be very careful that everything is in writing, don't go by what an guy standing in a best buy tells you.

I don't know what best buy was offering, the way you worded it I didn't really understand. Compare it very closely to what Directv offers directly and read their offer thoroughly. Some of their offers are with a TV purchase and such, just be very careful that everything is in writing, don't go by what an guy standing in a best buy tells you.

that's the thing i'm leery of.

i just re-read my post and it's a little convoluted. let me see if i can make it clearer. he was explaining the deal for the choice extra package. he said i would get the $29 per month discount for the first year. starting with the 2nd year, the monthly bill goes to the regular rate, right? well, he was offering that my bill in the 2nd year and beyond would be $10 off the regular rate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)