SiliconDust HDTC-2US pretty much rubbish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
To the previous two commenters, thanks for contributing nothing to the conversation. But you did an excellent job of trashing me. Congrats on that. :mad::mad::mad::offtopic :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks, although it is too easy to do that. :bounce

All I want it to do is record TV on something. Something that’s not a windows computer because I won’t have one anymore as soon as I get my A3. That can’t be soon enough.

The HD Homerun will record on MAC's using purchased software.

So can anyone tell me if this gadget will allow me to watch live OTA ATSC TV through my Amiko A3 and or will it allow me to record OTA ATSC TV to the disc in my Amiko A3?
Like I mentioned, you need to do better research. This is what I found after a 2 minute search.
http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/amiko_a3

The site says that it will play tv from a HD Homerun, but nothing about recording. I would say it won't. But, since you bought one you may as well experiment.

Being able to watch TV on my Mac is a zero priority for me.

Since you're getting rid of your windows pc, this looks to be your only option to record.

Was this post helpful enough for you? Or do you want to complain about the Amiko A3 now? :argue

Like I mentioned, you need to do better research. This is what I found after a 2 minute search.
http://www.titaniumsatellite.com/amiko_a3

:argue

This doesn't really explain anything at all about the recording question from what I see, it's pretty much vague and useless. Doesn't mention the HD Homerun much either, just, "XBMC with HDhomerun support for ATSC, DVB-T/C, and even USA Cable." and "your ATSC OTA device".

Same on Amiko's own site:

http://www.amiko-a3.us/?page_id=42

I'm interested in the Amiko A3 myself, but at $249, you'd think there would be a bit more info on it. I see mentions of interesting things such as XBMC and OTA, but nothing with any real substance to it. Maybe it should actually say on their site whether it can record OTA or not, you'd think something that touts itself as a Home Media Center might include details like that.

Dee Ann, probably PM Brian, [Titanium] and ask him about the OTA recording, whether it can do it or not. He's a dealer and I'm sure he'll be able to tell you and not give you grief about it.

Or, like suggested, maybe you could search better and find it yourself. Though I'm at a real loss of where other than the manufacturer's and supplier's websites might be better and more reliable to get the information from. If it says anything about recording on either site, then I sure missed it.

My guess would be that it can record through XBMC on it, but it doesn't even really actually say if XBMC can be installed on it or not. The write up on it could definitely be better.

This doesn't really explain anything at all about the recording question from what I see, it's pretty much vague and useless. Doesn't mention the HD Homerun much either, just, "XBMC with HDhomerun support for ATSC, DVB-T/C, and even USA Cable." and "your ATSC OTA device".

Same on Amiko's own site:

http://www.amiko-a3.us/?page_id=42

I'm interested in the Amiko A3 myself, but at $249, you'd think there would be a bit more info on it. I see mentions of interesting things such as XBMC and OTA, but nothing with any real substance to it. Maybe it should actually say on their site whether it can record OTA or not, you'd think something that touts itself as a Home Media Center might include details like that.

Dee Ann, probably PM Brian, [Titanium] and ask him about the OTA recording, whether it can do it or not. He's a dealer and I'm sure he'll be able to tell you and not give you grief about it.

Or, like suggested, maybe you could search better and find it yourself. Though I'm at a real loss of where other than the manufacturer's and supplier's websites might be better and more reliable to get the information from. If it says anything about recording on either site, then I sure missed it.

My guess would be that it can record through XBMC on it, but it doesn't even really actually say if XBMC can be installed on it or not. The write up on it could definitely be better.

My assumption on devices like this is, if it doesn't say it can do, then it can't. So I really doubt that it will record live tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)