Silly Question - connecting DVD/VCR to 10-250

Status
Please reply by conversation.

litig8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Southlake, Texas
I have a 10-250, along with an OTA. I am having a hard time connecting my DVD recorder/VCR. I can't get any satellite channels through my VCR/DVD, and I can't record movies from the satellite receiver to my dvd burner.

How do I do this?

The back panel of the 10-250 has 2 satelitte inputs (which are being use), and the Antenna rf input is also being used. What is the output that I run to my DVD/VCR so it receives a signal input.

Thanks for helping someone who is clueless. I paid someone to set up my system, and they obviously didn't do it right. Rather than wait 2 weeks to get them back out, I want to fix this myself.

Video connection: Either S-video or yellow cable from one of the outputs on the 10-250 to the inputs on DVD/VCR.

Audio connection: White/red cables from one of the outputs on the 10-250 to the inputs on DVD/VCR.

If this is connected correctly, then remember that the 10-250 must be set to 480i output. This can be done by pushing the button next to the LEDs on the front of the 10-250, or by an up arrow while viewing a program (it says 480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i in the lower right corner of the screen after doing this, if you can see it at all).

It can't output more than one format at a time, so the image should disappear from your HDTV when you switch to 480i. Then switch the input on the HDTV to whatever you have your DVD/VCR hooked up to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.