Simple remote for grandma

I would think so. Hopefully sethwell will try out what I mentioned in my earlier post and report back.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The Basic remote will not work either of my hoppers or joeys. I no longer have the basic remote as I took it to an aunt's house to try it out on her 722 to make sure it worked. It controlled the 722 just fine, but will not work with the Hopper/Joey.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

The Basic remote will not work either of my hoppers or joeys. I no longer have the basic remote as I took it to an aunt's house to try it out on her 722 to make sure it worked. It controlled the 722 just fine, but will not work with the Hopper/Joey.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

Did you see what remote address it was using?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I just received the Sony remote commander and got everything working. Grandma uses a Joey, I entered code 3010 and the remote recognized the Joey without issues.

The instructions come with a list of codes for both TVs and sattellite receivers.

This remote is about a simple as it gets. A large easy to read keypad, volume and Channel buttons. The volume control will still work with your TV even if the remote is in cable/sat mode.

You won't be able to do anything fancy with this remote, basically enter your channel and control the volume.

The DVR and guide feature won't work.

Grandma is pretty happy so I would recommend it to anyone that needs a simple setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)