Simple Sound System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I have a Philips plasma that has the OEM side speakers. They are starting to sound a bit scratchy and I am not sure if it because of upgrades from Dish. The odd sound doesn't happen all of the time and only once in awhile. I had though about getting some nice speakers up front, not surround. I have an older Pioneer A/V reciever I put on a shelf a few years ago but is still in great shape, hardly used over the years. I also have a pair of smaller Boston speakers, not sure what model, that I put up on the shelf with the reciever. My question would be, if I used these components would there be any problem with them? Does the A/V need to be on all the time when watching TV to get sound? As you can see I am a bit confused when it comes to the sound system. I also have a DVD player and another reciever component(Direct) in the mix. As long as the system would work I can play around with the other components to see how they would fair with this setup. Thanks for any comments

How are you connecting from the DISH receiver to the TV? What model dish receiver? My gut says the scratchiness is coming from poor audio connections, and not problems with your TV speakers.

Yes, you can hook the audio out from DISH to the Pioneer and get better sound. Naturally, the receiver will need to be on for that, but you can still leave the TV speakers hooked up as well. I have a set done this way. The problem is that the kids tend to turn on BOTH sets of speakers and then the sound will become very muddy.

Basically, we need some more detail before we can give specific advice. How old and what model Pioneer? Does it have a digital audio input? Do you ever use the tuner in the TV? Does the TV have audio and/or optical outputs? Does the TV have aux speaker jacks? It might be simpler to just use the BA speakers instead of the TV ones and still use the TV amplifier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)