Simplified DISH pricing list

if you didn't get the leased receiver through DHA then yes you get charged a lease fee for it, even if you only have 1.

i need to make that clarification right now on our charts.

Okay, I'm not sure how you are going to reflect this on your simplified chart, but here's the movie package options.

You correctly list the individual prices for the premium movie packs.

You correctly list the "Any 2", "Any 3", and all 4 prices.

However you don't show the following:

If someone has AT120 or HD Silver or above, then they qualify for the Value Pack deal where any two from HBO, Cinemax, or Starz can be purchased for $20/month.

Thus if someone has AT60 and wants HBO & Starz, they can add them for $22.99/month from the "Any 2" deal. But if they have AT120/AT180, then it would be only $20/month to add the same two movie packages.

However if they want HBO & Showtime, it would be $22.99/month regardless of what package you have.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/movies/index.shtml

I'm considering downgrading from the AEP once I get the 622 deal and my $5/month off HD deal expires.

At that time I would normally migrate to HD Platinum for $100/month.

I may switch to HD Silver plus the HBO/Starz Value Pack for $80/month and then pay whatever I can on an annual basis, if HD Silver is an annual deal with a $60 savings, then that $60 would almost fully cover my $72 DVR fee, which would be assessed when I drop AEP/Platinum.

So I would then have almost every SD channel I ever watch, plus every HD channel except for Showtime, and save nearly $250/year (once taxes are included) off of what I would pay under HD Platinum.

Now if I had multiple DVRs, then the savings would vanish.

AT120 Value Pak $59.99 w/locals $64.99 (pick 2 premium packs from HBO,Starz,Cinemax)

that's not descriptive? Navychop had it the way you describe below, but I removed it, so let me add it back in

We can add the annual pricing for the packages that they still exist on, but dish is really fading that out and the savings only got you about 1 month free

the website removed any mention of annual prices a while ago so do they even still exist?

Last edited:
Okay, I see them. But I think more notation should be made of them down in the movie package section. Just one line like:

Value Packs consisting of any two of HBO, Cinemax, and Starz may be added to any package containing AT120 or above, for $20/month.

Also, do you want to add anything about annual pricing deals? They are a part of the dish pricing schedule.

Just called Dish and while they continue to offer annual subs on all of the AT packs, for example an annual sub to AT180 is $550, they are not currently offering that option on the HD metal packs.

In effect, this is a hidden price increase from the old deals. Previously one could have paid $550 for an annual AT180 sub, plus $15/month for the HD pack and VOOM. Total annual cost of $730.

But under HD Gold, the total annual cost climbs to $840. So instead of this being a $60 increase for HD, it's a $110 increase.

Last edited:
Thanks BFG so, if you want a 211/622 and are an old customer, you're stuck with the $6/5 lease fee per receiver, whether it's the only one or you decide to keep your (legacy) leased ones.

You make reference to being careful about which receiver is upgraded to MPEG4, for you can only get one lease and then you have to buy.

Perhaps you should add the purchase prices for the 211 & 622 in case someone does want to buy.

BFG said:
if you didn't get the leased receiver through DHA then yes you get charged a lease fee for it, even if you only have 1.

i need to make that clarification right now on our charts.

So if that's the case i might as well add my 508 back onto my account should be free.

I'm planning on buying a new 625 receiver on ebay and starting an account with Dish Network. I've heard that as a new customer, if I own my own equipment and buy a new receiver, they will give me $5 per month for 40 months. Is that true?

Nev- I've never heard of that one. Got it in writing anywhere?

Don't forget DishHD (No metal listed) at $29.99

It is on the Dish site still and people have had luck ordering it.

I plan to order it tonight with my shiny new 211 waiting on my doorstep right now.

phil

navychop said:
Nev- I've never heard of that one. Got it in writing anywhere?
no, I only heard it from a retailer, but he will only activate receivers that are bought from him.
Here is the forum where he told me. It is near the bottom of the thread. http://dbstvforum.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000141.html
This is what they also told me in an e-mail.
When you purchase the equipment and supply Dish with your SS# they will pay you the money back in $5.00 increments of credit on every bill.
If there is anyone here that knows about this, and could help me setup my account, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts