Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Went to see the Simpsons movie last night with the wife, whose not a big simpsons fan. What a funny movie, at the end of the movie we both said we will probably see it again because we were laughing so hard throughout the movie theres things we had to miss. It definatly deserved the pg 13 rating with some of the jokes that were used, and the brief nude shot lol. Also we always stay till the end of the credits and there was additional 4-5 additional shorts added during the credits.

I'm sorry, but "Underdog" with CGI dogs and no Wally Cox does not sound entertaining to me. My son, on the other hand, really wants to see it. Of course, he wants to see "The Simpsons" movie, too, but he's 10 and I'm going with the PG-13 on this one.

So, maybe the family will go to the theater, me to "Simpsons" and my wife and son to "Underdog"...

Simpsons was hillarious. The nude scene was the funniest. :)

I am going to upload it to the Reviews section, so you guys can review the film!

Rocky, did you take your whole family? Like I said, my son wants to see it, but the PG-13 puts me off until I see it for myself.

Rocky, did you take your whole family? Like I said, my son wants to see it, but the PG-13 puts me off until I see it for myself.

I did. Nick is almost 10 and he found it hilarious; I don't think it was any worse than any other shows he has watched. It was pretty harmless. No real language.

ok, my wife has corrected me. There is some language, ass & damn plus hell. And a few scenes not seen in a disney film for sure - including one where 2 cops start making out - for a split seconds but my son did ask my wife a question about that this morning.

I saw it last night and loved it..went by fast for 90 minutes.

definitely warrants a 13 rating. 10 may be pushinh it. 12 would be ok though.

It was a good movie...

Seeing the "Nudity"

and Marge yelling GD were interesting to say the least.

I loved it tho... we saw it at movie tavern... food and movies...mmmmmm

ok, my wife has corrected me. There is some language, ass & damn plus hell. And a few scenes not seen in a disney film for sure - including one where 2 cops start making out - for a split seconds but my son did ask my wife a question about that this morning.

The funniest scene to me was at the end when Bart and Homer were fumbeling the bomb seconds before it is to go off and blow up Springfield and Marge yells up : " Will one of you THROW the GOd Damn bomb already!" in her best Marge voice. FUnny as hell. The whole theater erupted in laughter. :D

I refer everyone to here: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0462538/parentalguide. One item they don't mention on that page - Homer flips off a whole crowd of people. I wouldn't say keep your kid from seeing it just because of that of course, but it should be 'pointed' out, so to speak. :)
True, that would not be in a Disney movie, heh (especially if you add that they were two male cops). These days that sort of thing - that they are both male - really shouldn't be a big deal but it still is.

I enjoyed how it made fun of a lot of ridiculous aspects of American society and culture (more along the lines of Family Guy than the typical Simpsons episode).

I enjoyed it but I live in fear that someone will ask me what it is about.

Out of curiousity, I googled movie tavern......I wish they had them in NYC!

I loved it tho... we saw it at movie tavern... food and movies...mmmmmm[/QUOTE]

I just got home from seeing it a few moments ago.

It was OK not as funny as I thought it would be. The commercials gave away a lot of the funny parts.

I want to know what happened to the pig. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)