Sinclair agrees to carry "Grit" in 47 markets

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Sinclair Broadcast Group will carry Grit — the male-centric over-the-air broadcast television network — in 47 markets as part of a major new distribution agreement with Katz Broadcasting announced today by Jeffrey Wolf, chief distribution officer for Grit.

Among the markets where Sinclair stations will launch Grit are: Seattle; Minneapolis; St. Louis; Portland, Ore.; Pittsburgh; Raleigh, N.C.; Baltimore; Nashville; Columbus, Ohio; Milwaukee; Oklahoma City; Norfolk, Va.; Asheville, N.C.; and Buffalo, N.Y.

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/79903/sinclair-to-launch-grit-in-47-markets

no timeframe as of yet. Now this begs the question. In say Minneapolis there is CW on -1, GetTV on -2 and Zuus Country on -3. Will they add a -4 or drop say Country?

Last edited:
now I see Trip has **tentatively** put info on the rabbitears site. Unitl the channel launches we don't know what will happen in some markets (if a station is dropped or will it be added to an existing mux)
The only sure example so far is in Baltimore. A press release says it will be on 24-2 (Trip had it put under 45-3)

now I see Trip has **tentatively** put info on the rabbitears site. Unitl the channel launches we don't know what will happen in some markets (if a station is dropped or will it be added to an existing mux)

Their media contact person never responds when I ask where things are going, so I can only do a best guess.

The only sure example so far is in Baltimore. A press release says it will be on 24-2 (Trip had it put under 45-3)

Which press release? I missed that one.

- Trip

GritTV facebook page has the cities

The network is very excited to partner with Sinclair Broadcasting to soon bring Grit to the following cities:
Seattle, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Portland, OR, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Baltimore, Nashville, Columbus, OH, Milwaukee, Asheville, NC, Oklahoma City, Harrisburg, PA, Norfolk, Greensboro, NC, Buffalo, Albany, Mobile, Lexington, Dayton, Charleston, WV, Flint, Des Moines, Spokane, Omaha, Rochester, NY, Portland, ME, Madison, Champaign, Syracuse, Cedar Rapids, El Paso, Johnstown, Reno, Boise, Traverse City, Eugene, Yakima, Bakersfield, Amarillo, Columbia, MO, Medford, Beaumont, Sioux City, Albany, GA, Quincy & Marquette.

hopefully Sinclair launches it soon. When they signed the deal with GetTV in June (around the 23rd/24th) on July 1 it was added in markets. So hope this is added quickly too

Sinclair doesn't have any stations in Connecticut (nor Mass).....therefore can't add it there ;)
closest is Providence

Enjoying Grit here on WFTV 9.3 Orlando, FL along with Movies! on WRBW 65.2
but they're not owned by Sinclair which is what the thread is about ;)

Rumour is it will show up after the 1st of the year and possibly replace Zuus Country

Although the channel is not on yet, Titan tv listings for Nashville shows WeatherNation on 17.2 where Grit tv is suppose to be.

Although the channel is not on yet, Titan tv listings for Nashville shows WeatherNation on 17.2 where Grit tv is suppose to be.
someone posted it will be on WNAB
The Television Subchannel Drama still continues for the Sinclair Broadcast Group Owned & Opperated Stations in Nashville, As it is now Confirmed that GritTVNetwork will be on a Subchannel of WNAB. It is unknown that if that Network will replace ZUUS Country (Which currently airs on Channel 58.2) or move it to a New Subchannel. It is also unknown if WeatherNation will be added to WZTV FOX 17 News, Nashville's Digital Subchannel of 17.2,

Reactions: retrotv
GritTV facebook page has the cities

The network is very excited to partner with Sinclair Broadcasting to soon bring Grit to the following cities:
Seattle, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Portland, OR, Pittsburgh, Raleigh, Baltimore, Nashville, Columbus, OH, Milwaukee, Asheville, NC, Oklahoma City, Harrisburg, PA, Norfolk, Greensboro, NC, Buffalo, Albany, Mobile, Lexington, Dayton, Charleston, WV, Flint, Des Moines, Spokane, Omaha, Rochester, NY, Portland, ME, Madison, Champaign, Syracuse, Cedar Rapids, El Paso, Johnstown, Reno, Boise, Traverse City, Eugene, Yakima, Bakersfield, Amarillo, Columbia, MO, Medford, Beaumont, Sioux City, Albany, GA, Quincy & Marquette.

anybody have any idea when grit tv.going to be added on those stations own by Sinclair broadcasting
Rumour is it will show up after the 1st of the year and possibly replace Zuus Country

(The rumour is from a person who works at a Sinclair station)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)