Sinclair and RSNs

sarcasm filter: OFF

IMHO there shouldn't be any price increase at all in 2021... Due to loss of some channels, no new HD and ongoing successful pricing negotiations with channel groups/owners in 2020 we are pleased to announce no price increase for the 2021 year. Thanks for being a Dish subscriber!

sarcasm filter: ON

They did that for one year many years ago. I do wonder, I got such a good Current Customer deal this time if they are thinking of a year with no or little increase.
I already benefited from a package price reduction two years ago and then two years of no increase so now $20 less. They gave me two more years of no increase at my current cost so four years of no increase from my cost that started with a discount that will span 2018 to through 2022.

Reactions: satjay
They did that for one year many years ago. I do wonder, I got such a good Current Customer deal this time if they are thinking of a year with no or little increase.
I already benefited from a package price reduction two years ago and then two years of no increase so now $20 less. They gave me two more years of no increase at my current cost so four years of no increase from my cost that started with a discount that will span 2018 to through 2022.

Maybe. Or maybe, based on your experience, reward customers with no increase when they reward Dish with a contract. Dish gets to pick and choose which customers they offer the "no increase" bennies to.

Maybe. Or maybe, based on your experience, reward customers with no increase when they reward Dish with a contract. Dish gets to pick and choose which customers they offer the "no increase" bennies to.
Well, let's see... My current package is International Basic for $15 + Portuguese: RTPI for $9.99 per month + Latino Bonus Pack for $10 per month = grand total of $34.99 per month. I would gladly sign a two-year deal if Dish would offer a price freeze for my level of service. Where do I sign up? Yes, Dish is definitely "cherry picking" the customers with the higher level packages.

Reactions: TheKrell
If the RSN's really believed that they are worth what is being asked, then they wouldn't hesitate to put those channels on the open market via streaming or A La Carte. Truth is they are sucker fish hitching a ride on the backs of cable, internet, and satellite packages.

“We think the RSNs have been Sinclair’s Achilles heel as it’s a distraction for investors, an asset in decline and a potential drain on retrans to support RSN carriage fees,” Cahall wrote. “While there’s no equity value in Diamond these factors also mean less equity value in TV. Ultimately we view a separation of the RSNs as the best case scenario for Sinclair as it removes a big overhang that’s needed management’s attention since the get go.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

“We think the RSNs have been Sinclair’s Achilles heel as it’s a distraction for investors, an asset in decline and a potential drain on retrans to support RSN carriage fees,” Cahall wrote. “While there’s no equity value in Diamond these factors also mean less equity value in TV. Ultimately we view a separation of the RSNs as the best case scenario for Sinclair as it removes a big overhang that’s needed management’s attention since the get go.
Almost like Sinclair is finding themselves irrelevant when it comes to the RSNs... hmmm.

1604316705700.png

Not much good news in this update:
Phillip Swann is still around? So, with multiple carriers dropping the Sinclair owned RSNs and Sinclair themselves talking ridding themselves of them we might say, "it's dead Jim!"

Dish comments on RSNs

• Haha
Reactions: dishdude
at this rate, i think RSNs should be replaced with a new league pass plan from the sports leagues where they offer the games for a certain price for one game, a week of games, a month of games or the entire season, byt just for your home team. and this can be streamed for the cord cutters with great internet and on satellite/cable as well for those in areas with poor internet.

the RSN model no longer works and it's greed that killed it.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I sure hope they have a deal by the time hockey and baseball start back up. I would be willing to pay a la carte if they don’t want it in a base package.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I sure hope they have a deal by the time hockey and baseball start back up. I would be willing to pay a la carte if they don’t want it in a base package.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I hear hockey will be a shortened series again. I would save up your money buy the cheapest streaming device and get NHL.com streaming and MLB.com

Reactions: Dembinskij76

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts