Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Head Explode GIF by memecandy
This crap is giving me a headache and my blood pressure is going up. :mad: :devilish

well, it was a matter of time before Sinclair would do their bullying for money tactics of a negotiation for a new retransmission contract and now that they fully own Bally Sports (FKA Fox Sports Net), i guess they are trying to negotiate to bundle the RSNs with their local O&O stations. i feel bad for you Dish customers now as i too was a Dish customer. but hey, at least you got HBO & Cinemax back after nearly 3 years, so maybe they will settle with Sinclair to get to keep local Sinclair O&O stations on and Bally Sports back on Dish.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Howard Simmons
This will be it for me with Dish if this comes to pass. I'm losing three stations this time(ABC, CW and NBC):mad:

Or do what I would certainly do if I wanted to stay with DISH - "MOVE" ... Of course if you want to switch from DISH I guess this is a reason.

Fortunately, I got my outside antenna hooked back up again last week. So if I lose WSYX (ABC) and WTTE (Fox) from Columbus I can still get them OTA on my 2 Hopper3 receivers. Hopefully Dish will continue to supply the Guide information if the satellite signals have to be removed. In the past the Guide for the OTA channels were removed when the satellite channels were removed. Recently Dish has kept the OTA guide when they had to remove the satellite channels.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

And a loss of Tennis Channel. I forgot they owned Tennis Channel. I flip that on from time to time and that could be a loss for me. ...
Especially in about three weeks when play in the U.S. Open, the year's final Major, starts up. ESPN has the bulk of that tournament, however.

Why Sinclair is roping carriage of its sports properties into local retrans fees is beyond me. Fees for retrans should be a totally separate negotiation untied to any other channel.

Here in Western WA we've lost both Sinclair channels to previous retrans spats. KOMO/4 (ABC) the last time the parent company couldn't agree, and more recently KUNS/51 (UNI) when and while Univision had its whiny fit.

I have an antenna so I can get channels from Vancouver, BC (abut 40 miles north of me) for backup. But, the "Summer Fun & Games" lineup will be a problem since the bulk of that airs up there on a channel I can't reliably get. I WANT MY WHAMMY, CHASE, PYRAMID AND HOLEY MOLEY!

I also want my "COLLEGE!," as Tony Reali says on "Around The Horn."

More often than not, I have found that once things get to the point of seeing whiny press releases from both sides as we have now, it's time to get an antenna up if you can for backup. The Sinclair stations will get replaced by a barker channel and we - the ones caught in the middle - will be p-d-o-d for a while before common sense hits and cooler heads finally prevail.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hear hear. A quad tuner adapter might be in order...
I have one . Actually a couple of 4 tuner devices like I posted before. You can buy one and use it with your antenna and it provides full guide data as long as you hook it up to the internet. You don't even have to be a Sling customer to use the Air tv anywhere device and it works over the Sling tv app. Both devices do a great job for recording 4 things at the same time ,but the Tablo does dolby digital sound and you can enable the commercial skip for $20.00 a year and it will all record without commercials. I consider it my version of Primetime any time .

112 local stations?! That isn't being asleep at the switch, that is closing the regulatory building and vacating it.

Meanwhile and completely coincidentally, Dish partners with Locast for redistribution (sat/digital) of local channels, and sends boatloads of cash to Congress. Luckily the channels in Cleveland are owned by small Mom and Pop S&P's like Tegna, Scripps, and Raycomm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)