Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Reports say there is a temporary agreement, but no details on what temporary means.

This means they will probably push it to the verge of NFL and college football season and hold people hostage for the opening weeks, LOL. We've seen this show before.

Best deal Sinclair can hope for is a reasonable price on locals and some options for RSNs, including placement on a high tier or a sports tier, and some ala carte options for the channels.

FWIW - my local abc and fox out of Columbus OH were replaced with Cleveland stations. The Cleaveland stations are still there. Dish Promise says no issue - funny, they have had a dispute with WHIZ for several YEARS.

I forget your particulars. Many of us get OTA data directly off an antenna and use our Dish receivers to record them. IMHO the quality is better than the same channels off (no pun intended) Dish. Can you get nothing from an antenna?

I have a Mohu Leaf Supreme OTA I’ve installed using a dual ota adapter from Dish, plugged into my Hopper 3. The OTA is recognized, scans, finds 29channels, and allows me to save . When I go to my guide, they are not there even by just a number.
Dish support couldn’t help and suggested my OTA antenna may not be compatible This doesn’t make sense to me, since the channels show up as “In the guide,” when it asks me to save. Anyone else connect this antenna successfully to the hopper 3?

I have a Mohu Leaf Supreme OTA I’ve installed using a dual ota adapter from Dish, plugged into my Hopper 3. The OTA is recognized, scans, finds 29channels, and allows me to save . When I go to my guide, they are not there even by just a number.
Dish support couldn’t help and suggested my OTA antenna may not be compatible This doesn’t make sense to me, since the channels show up as “In the guide,” when it asks me to save. Anyone else connect this antenna successfully to the hopper 3?

An incompatible antenna? I wouldn't have been able to contain my laughter if they said that to me.

Also gone from komonews.com (out local Sink-Clair outlet): the house propaganda urging you to bug dish about all this. This impasse definitely appears to be OVAH!!!

Neither Sink-clair (my spelling), nor dish, requires our permission OR an agreement to remove the retrans propaganda from their websites. A bit of common sense, Yes, but permission, No. It would be a definite surprise - and not a welcome one - to see dish being forced to remove over 100 Sink-clair owned/controlled broadcast channels and some subchannel feeds from dish at this point.

Reactions: dishdude
Neither Sink-clair (my spelling), nor dish, requires our permission OR an agreement to remove the retrans propaganda from their websites. A bit of common sense, Yes, but permission, No. It would be a definite surprise - and not a welcome one - to see dish being forced to remove over 100 Sink-clair owned/controlled broadcast channels and some subchannel feeds from dish at this point.
Dish wouldn't be the one removing them, that would be Sinclair.

Unless Sinclair has access to Dish's uplink center it would be Dish turning them off
Nope ... Dish would have No Reason to turn OFF channels.
Why would you turn off channels and piss off you own subs ?
Dish only passes the signal along, Sinclair is the one turning them on or off.

Nope ... Dish would have No Reason to turn OFF channels.
Why would you turn off channels and piss off you own subs ?
Dish only passes the signal along, Sinclair is the one turning them on or off.
I don't think it works that way. I don't believe Sinclair has the capability of shutting off these channels just to Dish. If Sinclair informs Dish to turn off the signals, Dish has no other "legal" recourse but to comply.

Bottom Line (without all the excessive overquoting - you can backtrack): dish will not be taking the Sink-clair (again, my spelling) channels off because it appears both sides are making nice. And Sink-clair has nothing to gain from a retrans blackout except bad press, which is never a good thing. I'm certain any deal they might have to get the Bally Sports channels back on dish will go into the sewer if Sink-clair orders a retrans blackout now.

Reactions: dishdude