Sinclair warns of 112 channels being dropped by DISH next Monday (8/16)

Thank you for this link. And "fourth-largest pay-TV distributor"?
From Wiki:
1629468654056.png

This is the same thing over and over again. So we have an extension! We need to know how long this extension is going to last? Are they going to wait till football season starts and then pull the plug. Right now there's no reason to pull the plug because there's nothing on the 4 networks anyway. Unless your a Bachelorette fan.:)

This is the same thing over and over again. So we have an extension! We need to know how long this extension is going to last? Are they going to wait till football season starts and then pull the plug. Right now there's no reason to pull the plug because there's nothing on the 4 networks anyway. Unless your a Bachelorette fan.:)
My guess it will be extended until right before the Fall TV Season, then it will be pulled and Sinclair will have more leverage.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't see Sinclair as having much if any leverage. They need to re-fi to restructure and without an agreement in place with Dish that's a non-starter. And if they don't reach an agreement you can bet the farm the FCC will step in if they pull all those channels. The Govt's view is going to be that we have a re-emerging pandemic and TV is vital to keep the public informed. Like I said before, they painted themselves in a corner.

Once RSNs are uplinked we will know they have a deal

Once RSNs are uplinked we will know they have a deal
I’m one of the lucky ones because that really doesn’t affect me, since I don’t watch sports on TV. A live game in person once in a while is all right for me but that’s about it for me.

The RSNs are already uplinked. They are used for the various out of market sports packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not correct. They are only turned on for the games and they move around. They are not uplinked all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Guessing (of course) I say they have narrowed it down to maybe one item they can't agree on, or needs more work to agree on.
Exactly. Or Dish has a great deal from their perspective or needs to iron our minor things. If Dish wasn't close to a deal, based off of their previous willingness to drop channels, they would have dropped the locals and not paid for them for a month. Plus, to extend a deal into mid September - that is right when NFL season starts. Not sure Dish would want the publicity of dropping channels right at the start of NFL season.