Singal levels on G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

suibuliu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
Hi,
I am using a 30" dish, Kusat 2600 receiver, and I am aiming at G10R, I got some channels but not all of them.

I got channels from tp1, but quality is only 50-60%, but at the same time (without changing anything, including dish elvation/azimuth, LNBF skew) channels from tp5 are all at 98%.

I don't know what to solve this?

Also, some of the channels from some other tp's do not show up, I don't know if the data on lyngsat.com site are accurate or up to date?

Thanks,
Suibu

Signal levels on G10 vary greatly. Most of them are 99% with a 36" dish in Florida. Don't take lyngsat.com seriously, just use it as a base to build off of. If your receiver allows Power Searches (like my Fortec) write down the transponders it finds and verify that it entered them into it's database after the search. My Fortec doesn't always keep and store all the transponders after the scan but they can be entered manually.

According to Lyngsat, TP1 is where the Equity channels are located. These include ImaginAsian and The Tube. They're kind of notorious for weak signal levels. I just upgraded from a 30" dish to a Primestar, and its made a big difference. Before my quality on The Tube was right at the bare minimum quality needed for a signal lock around 40% on a Fortec. Some days I'd get it fine, and others I wouldn't get it at all. With the P* dish, I'm getting more like 50% quality. I forget what the signal numbers were, but I think they went from the mid-50's to the mid-70's. Once I get an Invacom, I suspect the quality rating may go up quite a bit.

High 60s is exceptional for The Tube transponder! With a 1 meter dish in New Orleans, I get about 43-45 in good weather. Most here in the forum have similar results...

Suibu
I'll answer this much better than the others, since I know how the KUsat works (and a little learning lesson for the others) :)

The KUSat has one flaw with the meter. That being it hits a 98 quality if there is a 60 or a 100 signal.

So 11799 V 26660 will [ping at around 62-64 signal/98 quality. I have had this on both a 30" and a 36"...same thing...converselly, on my Pansat the signal is a 65-70
12114 (the one with fox & UPN) is the same thing 64 s/98 quality..Pansat is 90-99 quality
The Tube (11719) is around a 60s 65-70q on the KUsat......50 on the Pansat

So the numebrs are right. Its just the way the receiver reacts. I have a Microyal that does the same thing but it also has an EbNo number...I mostly liook at that when tuning. I wish the KUsat had that too :(

Thanks guys! Your help are much appreciated.

This morning, I "fine tuned" my dish -- I took a small TV on my deck and while I was on the roof adjusting the dish, I "watched" the signal meter on TV, very frustrated in deed.

All channels on Tp5 show full-bar (97-99 on Kusat), so I used the "fox" channel to tune my dish, there is only one direction (elvation + azimuth) I can set the dish, so that fox can actually show up! :( But after fox shows up, other channels show up good, except the audio on some channels on tp1, for these channels, the audio is like beep beep.

One funny thing is the pentagon channel, when I scan the tp, the signal level is 99, but I can not get the channel to show up, not that I like to watch Pentagon channel, it is just that when you know there is a channel, but you can not get it, it is really feeling bad... :p

The Tube turns out good, both video and audio, for ImageAsia, I get video but no audio. I get KBS, but no video no audio.

Since Kusat 2600 does not support blind scan, I can not get any feeds, even if I enter the numbers manually, I guess I have to scan them on a specific time?

Anyways, I now have about 30-40 channels, some in Spanish, the rests are in English, lots of shopping channels... :)

Thanks again guys!

Suibu

Another observation is: even different channels on the same tp1 seem have different signal level? Say for on CBS channel on tp1, sometimes I get it, sometimes I lose it, when I lose it, I can get some other channels on tp1...

And why there are many channels showing the same program? Tonight, about ~10 channels show a program called Confessions?

suibuliu said:
And why there are many channels showing the same program? Tonight, about ~10 channels show a program called Confessions?
the channels on that satellite are actually local channels for different cities, but all owned and operated by a company called equity. they are on the satellite because they are all produced in the same place, then distributed to local cable systems and broadcast towers via satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)