Single coax cable with dual output lnb?

rojoloco

Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
Hello. Please forgive this newbie question, but I have not been able to find a definite answer yet.

I'm moving at the end of the month, and at the apartment I'm moving into there is a dish, but with a single LNB. I have my own receiver, and a dual output LNB (it has two coax outputs, so I understand it can handle two receivers)

In an ideal world, I would simply like to swap the LNB, and share the single coax cable, as it will be awkward to throw down another line of coax down the side of the building. I have read about multiswitches and diplexers, but from all of the articles I have read, it seems these are for sharing TV antennas and satellites.

Is this scenerio possible? A dual output LNB, one coax cable. What would I need? A diplexer at the dish/lnb, and another inside to split it to the two receivers?

Thanks....

You will need to another line of RG-6 coax for the second receiver. Each tuner needs a dedicated line to the LNB/Switch.

The only exception to this rule (that I am aware of) is the E* dual-tuner receivers which can feed both tuners in the receiver off one line using a DishPro Plus switch/separator combination.

thanks. That looks like the easiest or at least the most economical way.

I've been reading about stackers/destackers that I think allow exactly what I want to do. The problem is they are not cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts