Single Dish Feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jollyrgr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
I've been away from FTA for a few years. I recall that Galaxy 10R (123W) used to be the place to aim a stationary dish if you wanted some local channels. I had planned on installing a 36" dish before winter hit and checked where to aim. It appears most feeds like those found on G10R are not on G18. I checked "TheList" and Lyngsat.com. Am I just missing something or have most of the free feeds disappeared?

I see in your Signature you have a C-Band dish. You can point that at 99W for abc, nbc, fox, if you have DVB-S2 receiver, also NBC feeds on 103 for Ku. PBS on 125 Ku. The one you are talking about on 123W went away 2 years ago..:( There are more scattered about. Are you looking for something in particular?

It appears most feeds like those found on G10R are not on G18.

From a post dated 8/19/09

Equity Broadcasting (the owners of those channels) went belly up. Kaput. Bankrupt. Back in January. In April they sold off all their stations. Some to media conglomerates like Daystar. Some to banks. Some to local owners. All of these stations have other ways of broadcasting
Starting in May channels started leaving as the new owners took over. Some were lost in June due to the digital upgrade. Since Equity had no money to construct digital facilities they shut them down. Fox was lost in July when the new owner took over.
The rest have left within the last week or so. Yesterday 11720 transponder was shut off and today 11800 transponder was shut off
They are gone now.
So there is the answer to "where did they go"

Wow I am losing it, Ice...I was a year off.

I was looking for as many feeds of "local" networks as I could find. It would take some work to get my C Band dish moving again but not impossible.

When fully operational I would move the C Band between 99W and 123W. I'd watch the "networks" off the Puerto Rico/Virgin Island feeds on C Band. I'd watch the locals, RTV, The Tube (how many remember that), and what not off Galaxy 10R.

Multiple things came into play: My C Band receiver had a power supply go out. By that time I had a DTV and could get locals so no rush. Finally someone gave me a C Band receiver but the dish had not been moved in nearly a year so it was frozen. There was no real incentive to fix it. Now there is not a "prime" Ku spot so it would seem to aim a small dish. I do miss the wild feeds and "locals".

ICEBERG:
WOW. I did not realize I've been away for that long...

One lizards opinion

Three suggestions:

- put a motor on your 36" Ku dish
I would get a PLL LNBF while I was at it

- you might find that some signals have converted to S2
that calls for a new receiver: SatelliteAV microHD is best & cheapest

- get a Vbox/Gbox to run your BUD & retire the analog rcvr.
I would pull the feedhorn & LNB, & install C-band LNBF
Good choice is probably SatelliteAV model: C2
Alternately, an ortho feed & 2 LNBs are best choice, but more money

iPhone4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)