TVE America @ 30W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

toucan-man

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Wisconsin
I'm not having much luck with the Hispasat channels uplinked by provider TVE America (12050 V 27500). They scan in, and I can sometimes get a picture briefly, Canal Vasco, Canal Galicia, etc, but they quickly break up into nothing. This is with a Coolsat 8000 and a Primestar 84E.

Do any of you who have more sensitive receivers have good luck with these? Which receiver, and which dish size?

If you are a Spanish speaker, do you think any of these are worth pursuing?

I get no signal on that TP. Maybe too far north and west. But CANAL VASCO (TV) is strong on 11900 V 27500 here.( I don't see this TP on Lyngsat) One scrambled ch on the TP is TVEA1. I don't see the Canal Galicia.

works fine here on several receivers (FS, Ariza, CW, CS , VS) with an 80 cm. I like Vaya Semanita on Canal Vasco, usually thrsdays at 7 or 8 pm after the Teleberry (news). I had a CS8100 and a VS Ultra that refused to lock it yet the other same model receivers worked fine. sometimes the tuner gets defective for a particular range of frecuencies but it was funn though that on the H side they will lock the kwuaty channels fine.

I can't speak for content but signal quality is at 91% on a Coolsat 6100 in western michigan on a 1.2m dish.

On my Sonicview it comes up at 12051 V 27500 and my signal on my 76CM Winegard is 61 and the quality is 35. Solid lock here in Chicago area. The Galacia feed comes in as Radio.

Remember that galicia TV, TV3 Cat and Canal Vasco are from spain but they are not in spanish, some programs from this cannels (Canal Vasco) are in spanish but just some of them.

I'm not having much luck with the Hispasat channels uplinked by provider TVE America (12050 V 27500). They scan in, and I can sometimes get a picture briefly, Canal Vasco, Canal Galicia, etc, but they quickly break up into nothing. This is with a Coolsat 8000 and a Primestar 84E. Do any of you who have more sensitive receivers have good luck with these? Which receiver, and which dish size? If you are a Spanish speaker, do you think any of these are worth pursuing?
Hi, I just scanned 12052/V/27500 on my Pansat 3500SD and found Feeds TSA, TVGA, TV3 Cat and Canal Vasco. All are solid on my fixed 80 CM dish (signal quality 60%, breakup on the Pansat runs about 25%) . Did not see TVE on that TP. TVGA has some good cooking shows and I enjoy when they show the beautiful country side. For someone that understands Spanish that one alone should be worth the effort. Take care, DC Edit - I just checked Lyngsat and it looks like TVE is encrypted with KeyFly - whatever that is so it does not look like you will be able to receive that one.

Last edited:
Me bad,. Went to touch up the dish after the winds, and saw, then said "doh!":facepalm. Had the wrong LO programmed. 12051 70-73Q on the S9 [12050 -150 = 11900 ) Yeah, I had a universal on there at one time.

hispansat in toronto canada very strong signal 85 only 36 inch dish and tv galiza tv catalunha vasco and chanels from uruguay argentina columbia arabe countries etc I have all tp for nort and sud america from 76 to 85 sgnal no problems for spanish pepole one of the best satellites

Here in South Florida no problem in receiving Hispasat. Using a 31" dish and a coolsat 6100.
The TVE transponders are all scramble now. Two years ago they were free to air. I miss these channels.
But this is my favorite bird to watch. Lots of great programs to watch. And the bad man south of us, (the one with the beard) has
american movies that has been release on DVD in the states before they hit HBO.

Some of the Uruguayan channels come up as scrambled today. The ones that scanned in as "Canal 4", and "Rut" (Monte Carlo TV, RED TV) for example. Can anyone confirm that these are truly missing?

Last edited:
My dish isn't lined up well enough for that mux at the moment, but have you re-scanned? That'll tell you if they're really scrambled or whether they just changed PIDs, which will cause some receivers (Openboxes, for example) to report them as scrambled when you try to view them.

Some of the Uruguayan channels come up as scrambled today. The ones that scanned in as "Canal 4", and "Rut" (Monte Carlo TV, RED TV) for example. Can anyone confirm that these are truly missing?

Canal 4, Eventos, Rut and canal 12 are SCRAMBLED. Canal 5, TV Ciudad OPEN. This mux keep changing from time to time. Sometimes is completely open and sometime they closed the ones I mentioned.

Canal 4, Eventos, Rut and canal 12 are SCRAMBLED. Canal 5, TV Ciudad OPEN. This mux keep changing from time to time. Sometimes is completely open and sometime they closed the ones I mentioned.
They're back. How long do they usually stay unencrypted?

I'm seeing all of these ITC.
In fact there are no $ on this sat that I see except some TV Marti channels and they are ITC even with the $.

I'm seeing scrambled channels on 12053 V 27500 and 11886 V 27500.

I'm at 84w. I get all those you mention just fine with a Openbox S10. TV Galicia broadcasts in Galician most of the time, and Canal Vasco in Basque most of the time as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts