Single Dish install - VIP 622

JSLDFW

Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
Hi,
How do i install a VIP622 using a single dish? I am temporarily residing in an apartment and have a single dish pointed/locked on 119. The problem is i receive an error messages after the receiver powers up - "a problem has been detected with your switch box". I dont have a switch box connected, since i have only one dish. can i operate it with only one dish and if so, how do i connect? thank you!

Thanks, I have a dish pro dual LNB and it is connected directly to SAT1 port on receiver. Is this correct?

It should be but since the 622 is a dual tuner I think you need 2 lines to the receiver. I dont have a 622 so I don't know if it will work with just one tuner attached

Hopefully someone can chime in

no you have to have both lines attached. Also he might want to try a dish 1000 with a dish pro plus twin and a dual for 129. I dont know if your treed out on the other slots but im assuming that if your getting 119 you should be able to get 110/129

goaliebob99 is correct. another dish you could use would be a dish 1000.2, either that or what goaliebob99 suggested, plus a DPPro separator, will allow you to use the existing single cable run.

You won't get any HD channels with just 119.

That is correct. You need 2 lines with anything other than a DPP LNB or switch. You should also have 3 orbitals for a 622, 110, 119 and 129 usually to get your HD. Changes per location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts