Single Mode or Dual Mode still yields the same channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

happy hopping

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
North America
I unplug the Dish VIP 222 receiver for about 1 day due to a paint job. When I re-connect, whether I'm at Single TV mode or 2 different channel (Dual Mode) mode, I only get the SAME channel.

Supposedly at Dual mode, you can view 1 channel at TV1 and record a different channel at TV2. Somehow, something must went wrong when the power plug is disconnected for 1 day.

Please help

If your TV1 is connected with yellow/white and red wires be sure they're plugged into the TV#1 output and not TV#2 on the back of the receiver. We had a customer who had the same problem and that's what we found. Good luck.

Reactions: SomeDishGuy
If your TV1 is connected with yellow/white and red wires be sure they're plugged into the TV#1 output and not TV#2 on the back of the receiver. We had a customer who had the same problem and that's what we found. Good luck.

Yep. Most of the problems with the dual tuner receivers are that either the RCA cables at TV1 are connected to the TV2 output, or TV2 is on ch 62 or 75 (when TV2 is supposed to be on 60 or 73). Also, for some TV2 televisions, it will pick up the TV2 signal on ch 116, and the TV1 signal on ch 118 (sort of harmonics of air channels 60 and 62)

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.
(I need to cut and paste this signature, tired of typing it each time, with no signature allowed)

I fixed it. I wired the cables from the 222 to my DVD receiver incorrectly. thanks for all the help

I got computer virus, can't use the PC until now, sorry for the late reply

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.
(I need to cut and paste this signature, tired of typing it each time, with no signature allowed)

You might want to check your user settings on the board again...I could be wrong, but I think I remember seeing that Scott turned the signatures back on for everyone when he rolled out the new board software!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)