Single Tuner SD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
I'm thinking about swapping out my SD receiver in the bedroom with a single tuner sd dvr.

Firstly, does such a thing exist? Is not, will a dual tuner work with a single input? I only need to record one show at a tiem and not worth the extra wiring or SWM.

Secondly, what would everyone recommend? I'd like to just pick something old off ebay.

I'm thinking about swapping out my SD receiver in the bedroom with a single tuner sd dvr.

Firstly, does such a thing exist? Is not, will a dual tuner work with a single input? I only need to record one show at a tiem and not worth the extra wiring or SWM.

Secondly, what would everyone recommend? I'd like to just pick something old off ebay.

No, there is not a single tuner DVR but a dual tuner DVR (R10, R15, R16, R22) will work with only one input.

I'd be leary of purchasing used DVR's off of eBay because of a couple of issues.
1) The seller may not actually own the receiver, but instead leased it.
2) There may be a balance owed on the receiver that will have to be paid before D* will activate it. You could get the RID and Access Card number from the seller and call D* to see if it is a leased receiver and if there is a balance owed on the card.

Even if you get it from Ebay, Best Buy, Sams, or Bob's Biggest DVR Store there will still be a 24 month commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)