single wire HD DVR ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PMKS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
South Texas
ok, I don't mean to sound ignorant, but I've never had a DVR in all my years as a DirecTv customer.

My wife is bugging me to get a DVR, of course I would have to have HD. Which model of HD DVR only uses one wire, and does it require the single wire LNB? If I ask for that particular model from DirecTV, will they send it to me?

I live in a house built in the 1960's, It would be a PITA to run another wire to the living room.

Thanks for any help

And all of the HR2x HD DVRs support SWM. The dish could have an SWM LNB (SWMLine 3) or you could get the SWM8 to add to a regular four output LNB dish (Slimline SL3 or SL5 depending on your locals).

Sounds like you are a current Directv sub? What is your current setup, receivers and dish?

Early model 5-sat Slimeline dish mounted on a pole, it is not a SWM. The wires run to a waterproof junction box on the side of my house. I used to have a 4x4 multi-switch in the box, now just grounding blocks. I'm sure the box is big enough for the SWM multi-switch.

Just connect the single wire from the SWM to Input 1 on the HD dvr and during setup tell it to use two tuners for dual recording. Don't connect the BBCs as they are only needed on the HR20 - HR22 with a non-SWM system.

im betting he had an old 18x24 dish, hence the 4x4. This would make the swm8 a better option because if he did indeed have a dish that old, his other receivers probably do not support swm, thus needing upgrades or a swm8.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts