MLB GameMix is Gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Did they remove the EI Game Mix channel to make room for the ST Game Mix channel? Channel 720-1 is gone.

I just noticed this myself. As usual, MLB is taking a back seat to NFL. Dear DirecTV, please take note: It's SEPTEMBER - NOT NOVEMBER !

Someone at DBSTalk said before they removed the channel there was a message saying it will not be available today and will be back tomorrow.

I guess bandwidth is an issue???

Doing what they used to do when everything was mpeg2...

Attachments

• EI -.JPG
    EI -.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 350
Someone at DBSTalk said before they removed the channel there was a message saying it will not be available today and will be back tomorrow.

I guess bandwidth is an issue???

Directv keeps touting that they are the HD leader and they have all this wonderful bandwidth, If I was a Directv sub I would be pissed about this. Yet another reason why the former HD leader has gone down the toilet! I betchya they didnt take down any hd ppv's.

Looking at the schedule, there are only 11 active Cinema HD channels. It would appear that they whacked more than half of them.

Wack down 1 more and call it a day and put the mlb mix back up! They in reallity should be pushing everyone a dvr, and pushing payper view down to it and allocating bandwidth to national hd. But Ill eat crow on my ppv comment :) :up

They know because they planned for it to be down. Reserving as much bw so everyone watching the free preview gets the best quality picture possible, and gets sucked in to the ST "deal".

They are prorating my EI package for the rest of the year. They are removing $69 off of my subscription.

They told me it was a technical issue with the server and it should be up next Sunday. Has to do with the interactive feature of both mix channels or something like that. They said it was not a bandwidth problem.

Lucky you! If you call now, there is recording that openly admits that due to NFL Sunday Ticket being free today, Game Mix is unavailable!!! THEY ADMIT IT OPENLY!!!!!!

Lucky you! If you call now, there is recording that openly admits that due to NFL Sunday Ticket being free today, Game Mix is unavailable!!! THEY ADMIT IT OPENLY!!!!!!

What EXACTLY did the recording say?

Sorry, I am not calling again to get the exact wording, but a male voice says if you are calling re: channel 720, due to NFL ST, it is unvailable today but will be tomorrow.

I called to confirm, and this is correct.

Total BS, and I do not even have mlb ei this year.

Damn D*, drop a PPV channel that no one is watching. Do not take away a channel in a freaking add on sports pack to show another channel in an add on sports pack.

If I did have EI this year I would be on the phone right now.

They told me it was a technical issue with the server and it should be up next Sunday. Has to do with the interactive feature of both mix channels or something like that. They said it was not a bandwidth problem.

I called to confirm, and this is correct.

Total BS, and I do not even have mlb ei this year.

Damn D*, drop a PPV channel that no one is watching. Do not take away a channel in a freaking add on sports pack to show another channel in an add on sports pack.

If I did have EI this year I would be on the phone right now.

Guess we'll have to wait until next week to see if it was a server or bandwidth problem.

They are prorating my EI package for the rest of the year. They are removing $69 off of my subscription.

Well DK, I outdid ya by a buck!!!! I called and the rep was only going to prorate me for today. I asked to be prorated for the season @ $69 and she gave me $10 off my bill for 7 months.

Thanks for the guideline to go for!:up

Well DK, I outdid ya by a buck!!!! I called and the rep was only going to prorate me for today. I asked to be prorated for the season @ $69 and she gave me $10 off my bill for 7 months.

Thanks for the guideline to go for!:up
Damn...I should call to get my dollar. :D

Guess we'll have to wait until next week to see if it was a server or bandwidth problem.

Well, they said it would be up next week. It specifically said it was not up this week because of the free ST preview.

Why that would matter, I do not know

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts