MLB GameMix is Gone

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, they said it would be up next week. It specifically said it was not up this week because of the free ST preview.

Why that would matter, I do not know
Because it is free so they had to take money from the EI subs to justify it. :p

Because it is free so they had to take money from the EI subs to justify it. :p

Haha, then they go and give you your money back, so...lol

It makes no sense at all to do it one week and not the next. Not when the reason given is because of the free preview. A preview that will not use more bandwidth if 5 million people view or if 5 view. They are sending the same signal regardless. It does not add up.

No Here is what we got

Alert * 720 MLB Game Mix and NFL Gamemix are currently down. Engineers are currently working to reslove the problem. Acourse I am paraphasing but there was about an hour after 720 went off the air that we had no idea what going on and DTV Operations was telling us it would be back up in a couple of minutes

No Here is what we got

Alert * 720 MLB Game Mix and NFL Gamemix are currently down. Engineers are currently working to reslove the problem. Acourse I am paraphasing but there was about an hour after 720 went off the air that we had no idea what going on and DTV Operations was telling us it would be back up in a couple of minutes
What ever it was I got $69 off of my EI subscription, so I am not complaining too much anymore.

What ever it was I got $69 off of my EI subscription, so I am not complaining too much anymore.

Oh that is actually pretty good deal. I was just saying if DTV was pulling MLB Gamemix on purpose they generally tell us of these things. They dont tell us they are working on it if therye just oging to pull the channel.

So all i saying it is I less likely to it was on purpose vs we just honestly having an issue and were kissing ass to make up for it.

Oh that is actually pretty good deal. I was just saying if DTV was pulling MLB Gamemix on purpose they generally tell us of these things. They dont tell us they are working on it if therye just oging to pull the channel.

So all i saying it is I less likely to it was on purpose vs we just honestly having an issue and were kissing ass to make up for it.
When I talked to a supervisor in the technical department he said it was a server/software issue.

And it is gone again this week. It seems to me that it is not a software issue, but rather a bandwidth issue.

Would it hurt to take away one more PPV instead of a channel that others pay for to be on during the most important month of the season?

:rant:

And it is gone again this week. It seems to me that it is not a software issue, but rather a bandwidth issue.

Would it hurt to take away one more PPV instead of a channel that others pay for to be on during the most important month of the season?

:rant:
D* the Sports leader.:eek:
Sorry couldn't help it.:)

Want to know why I get so mad at D* and their NFL ST deal? This is why , For Years anyone who wasn't a ST subscriber got the shaft every Sunday during football season. Looks like thats still the case. 18 million customers are flipping this ST bill for D*, so 2 million can get what they want while the rest get shafted. Sorry but its not at all fair and people are going to figure that out soon enough.

D* the Sports leader.:eek:
Sorry couldn't help it.:)

Want to know why I get so mad at D* and their NFL ST deal. This is why , For Years anyone who wasn't a ST subscriber got the shaft every Sunday during football season. Looks like thats still the case.
It got my $69 credit because of this, but they told me that last week was the only week they will be doing this. It happened again this week and I am not to pleased about it.

I wonder if it is not so much a bandwidth issue as it is an agreement issue with the NFL????

It got my $69 credit because of this, but they told me that last week was the only week they will be doing this. It happened again this week and I am not to pleased about it.

I wonder if it is not so much a bandwidth issue as it is an agreement issue with the NFL????
I added more to my post, about my take on it. I would be pissed if I paid $200 for the MLB pack . But $69 wouldn't have made it better for me. Sorry But D* will do anything and everything for NFL. BIG MISTAKE!

Let me clarify for those that do not have EI. It is only the gamemix channel that is down for today. The other EI channels are still up, so we are still able to watch the actual games.

Looks like it is the plan to pull MLB Mix for football each Sunday for NFLST, 4 in all :(

I will say that it not offical but I heard a rumor they are just going to pull it do to a software problem running nfl game mix and mlb mix at the same time . Instead of trying to rush fix it they they will have it ready for next season. This is just rumors among operations mangers nothing solid.

I've got mixed feelings about this.

As a big sports fan, I've got both Extra Innings and Sunday Ticket.

Having said that baseball is far and away my favorite sport (and even though they have long been out of it... my A's have been a lot better in the second half)

On the other hand I find myself rarely using the mix channels, so in that regard it doesn't bother me all that much.

Whether I use it or not though, I simply don't feel it's good business to take someone away that someone pays that much extra for... even if it's only one day a week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.