Single wire through two output splitter

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Does running the single line to the 2 output splitter that comes with the 622 cut the signal in half like a coax splitter does. I so would connecting a seperate wire to each input increase the signal, mainly for 129.
I have two input wires from my dish 1000 and one is not used anymore as I had a 3000 to use if my old 508 was recording something and I wanted to watch something else.
I do not want to screw up the system so I have not tried the seperate wire, but if I can get more 129 signa strength with out the splitter I would do it.
Dave.

Technically it is a separator, not a splitter.

I used to use a separate cable to each input, as I had two coax runs and wasn't using a 2nd receiver, just a 942. So had no reason to use the separator.

However I didn't stop to test the difference, so I don't know the answer to your question. I would imagine that if there is any signal loss, that it would be minor, maybe around 3 points.

It would be very easy to test if you have two cable runs to your 622. Alas, I moved one of my cables so I can no longer perform the test.

BTW, I've seen differences of 4 points in using different 6'-10' coax jumpers between my surge protector and my receiver. I had 5 different short jumpers on hand and decided to test them out. 2 were RG-6 and 3 were RG-59. My highest readings came from one of the RG-59 cables, most likely due to it having the best construction quality. The better fit of the connectors, the better the signal transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)