SIR-S300W Reciever suggestions needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keithc

Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
Just got Direct TV hooked up and do not want to use the IR remote that comes with the receiver. I purchased a Universal remote and there are no codes for this receiver and I don't beleive there are any codes for it with any universal remote. What should I do? Should I call DTV and tell them i want a receiver that is able to be controlled with a Universal remote?

I am sure there are codes for either a hughes or sony unit ... both will work for any D* model. Give 'em a try.

The Samsung remote is IR which means line of site, I want to be able to control the upstairs TV using the downstairs receiver. I think the universal remote I have will do this if i can get it programmed to the receiver. Not sure though

keithc said:
Just got Direct TV hooked up and do not want to use the IR remote that comes with the receiver. I purchased a Universal remote and there are no codes for this receiver and I don't beleive there are any codes for it with any universal remote. What should I do? Should I call DTV and tell them i want a receiver that is able to be controlled with a Universal remote?
If you have a learning universal remote you can teach it the Samsung codes. Unless it is a cheap universal remote they may have a web site that allows you to program new codes to your remote. :)

There are no codes available for this Samsung receiver, the Remote I have is an RCA and the code list for satelite does not include this particular receiver. I had also Auto code searched and it did not match up with the receiver as well. Scoured the net for possible solution and no dice. I like the extender idea but I don't think it would work with the IR remote that comes with this receiver.

not sure which RCA remote you have,

turn on sat receiver

Try holding SAT button and Power at same time till Light stays lit

then press the PLAY button on the VCR controls ... the light should start flashing
it is running 10 codes at a time, when the light stops flashing and the sat receiver hasn't shut off ... keep pressing PLAY to continue the search...
once the receiver shuts off... let the light continue flashing until it stops
then press the REW button until it turns on ( do this slowly ) once the receiver comes on ... press the STOP button and it should be set... try the power button.

Hope this helps

RCA RCU1010RF is the only universal by RCA that I know of that will send signals from room to room with UHF radio waves. This uses 1 cone to receive the transmitted signal from the remote. It is basically a RCA RCU1010 with a set of D940 cones at about the same price. The RCA remotes I have checked do not have codes for Samsung possibly because they are competetitors.

022266 said:
Chasjonk - I posted the answer on your post since it was for that brand of remote.

Hope it helps

I also went thru the auto search feature on my Home Theater Master SL-8000 and did not find a code which would work. The code listed in the manual for Samsung was 123, which did not work.

I also cruised the internet in hopes of finding an answer. I did find code numbers 155 and 163 for other (newer) Home Theater Master remotes which supposed work with Samsung receivers, but did not work for me.

As a last resort, I sent a long an e-mail to Customer Service At Home Theater Master requesting the code about two weeks ago and have yet to receive a reply back.

In seven years of owning the Home Theater Master SL-8000, this is the first time in which I have not been able to program a piece of equipment with it.

Well, time to get up with the ages... The SIR 300W is the latest samsung out... it may not be compatable...

Technology is a marvelous thing and expensive.... makes you think they do that on purpose! :D

THe SIR 300W code for a U remote seems to be a bit of a problem to come up with. I want to use the remote with my Panasonic EUR7627Z20 for the PT-60LC14. Unfortunately coming up with the Samsung code has proven to be difficult.

Naturally I have the only reciever without a published code.

Would appreciate any help.

022266 said:
Why wouldnt you want to use the Samsung remote?
It rocks!

I like my Panasonic remote better. Rob, displaying the DTV logo must mean you associated with the company... no chance you can get the code for the 300W? :confused:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)