Sirius channels breaking up, losing signal?

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
I just noticed that my Sirius channels are breaking up badly and causing my 722K & 722 (NON-K) to lose signal. Only seems to be a problem with Sirius, haven't detected it with anything else.:confused: Anybody else?

Ed

I just noticed that my Sirius channels are breaking up badly and causing my 722K & 722 (NON-K) to lose signal. Only seems to be a problem with Sirius, haven't detected it with anything else.:confused: Anybody else?

Ed

I don't see any of the Sirius channels on our current channel issues. Is it all Sirius channels or just certain ones?

I don't see any of the Sirius channels on our current channel issues. Is it all Sirius channels or just certain ones?

I haven't tried ALL of 'em Zach, maybe a dozen. It's a problem on every one I've tried. Must be a problem with Sirius itself. No problem with anything else. Signal strength on tp 07 on 72 was good, around 50.

Ed

I haven't tried ALL of 'em Zach, maybe a dozen. It's a problem on every one I've tried. Must be a problem with Sirius itself. No problem with anything else. Signal strength on tp 07 on 72 was good, around 50.

Ed

I just tried a couple here with no problems on a 722k and Hopper. Which ones are you having an issue with so I can check those?

And I'm guessing it's been all day. I have 119 in addition to the EA. I usually get Sirius off 72, but today they are coming from 119. Must have been out when the receivers updated this morning and might be a problem only on 72? All I tried are fine off 119.

Dish is aware of the problem. Channels came back for me at about 4:15
Cindy (ID: S96): We are having transmission issues with some channels this afternoon.
Cindy (ID: S96): I apologize for the inconvenience, they are working to restore it now.
Dan Warrren: Rochester NY locals and Sirius?
Cindy (ID: S96): Sirius for sure.
Cindy (ID: S96): I know there are some locals affected.
Dan Warrren: Also having it on Rochester NY locals on 61.5

I am having an issue with Dish Locals keep breaking up but all other Dish channels (including XM, etc.) are solid. Zip 93611 (Hopper receiver, not OTA).

UPDATE: Contacted DN, they said nothing for my area is a known issue. We did have a couple of very strong wind storms M & Tu, and they suspect dish alignment issue. Are sending a tech out Friday.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)