Sling issues (new user)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

guerillaboy

Original poster
Jun 1, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey Guys,

I recently got Dish about a month ago, decided to pick up a sling adapter last week and it arrived today. I plugged it in and followed all the steps. When I went to dishonline and login (this is the first time I have used dishonline.com at all). On the top right it just hangs at "Loading DVR info" when I click guide it just stays at loading, and when I click DVR it tells me I need to login (even though I am already logged in.). I have tried multiple browsers, and the android app. The Android app will bring up a guide but when I got to play anything it just plays music.

My account doesn't list any receivers or authorized devices. I did the live chat and after doing a few resets and unplugs/replugs they basically said "Well we will look into it more, sorry we cant help you right now.". This is kind of frustrating. I am connected via Ethernet, and all my settings are Green OK's.

Can anyone help with this?

If you haven't login to your Dish account, from there click on DishOnline. That should take you to the online page and should show your listings, hardware and name, from that place it just a matter of clicking and watching if all is nominal.
The report of your account not showing equipment is troubling, all receiver names and id numbers should be visible there. Perhaps a Dish Representative will pick this up and look into your situation. If not PM one of them, they're really quite good.

Yeah I did the basic account setup and everything already. Just nothing under receivers or equipment shows up. I just found out I can watch the on demands stuff. I cant access the guide, dvr or live tv.

Yeah I did the basic account setup and everything already. Just nothing under receivers or equipment shows up. I just found out I can watch the on demands stuff. I cant access the guide, dvr or live tv.
Another thing, I seem to remember it took the over night download/whatever for everything to work correctly. Maybe it will be better in the morning.

Hey Guys,

I recently got Dish about a month ago, decided to pick up a sling adapter last week and it arrived today. I plugged it in and followed all the steps. When I went to dishonline and login (this is the first time I have used dishonline.com at all). On the top right it just hangs at "Loading DVR info" when I click guide it just stays at loading, and when I click DVR it tells me I need to login (even though I am already logged in.). I have tried multiple browsers, and the android app. The Android app will bring up a guide but when I got to play anything it just plays music.

My account doesn't list any receivers or authorized devices. I did the live chat and after doing a few resets and unplugs/replugs they basically said "Well we will look into it more, sorry we cant help you right now.". This is kind of frustrating. I am connected via Ethernet, and all my settings are Green OK's.

Can anyone help with this?

Hi, I am sorry that you are having a problem with the sling access on line. Can you please PM me your account or phone number so I look at your account and see if I can assist you further. Thank you!

Another thing, I seem to remember it took the over night download/whatever for everything to work correctly. Maybe it will be better in the morning.
I wasn't aware of an overnight download/whatever. I made sure when I brought it up to Customer support that they knew I just received it this morning.

Whats this overnight download thing you speak of? Or do you have a link to some more info perhaps?

It may take a day or so for everything on your account to catch up. I would give it a day and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I wasn't aware of an overnight download/whatever. I made sure when I brought it up to Customer support that they knew I just received it this morning.

Whats this overnight download thing you speak of? Or do you have a link to some more info perhaps?
Hopper gets updates of some type every day, guide info, software updates, etc. I suspect your Sling Adapter will work in the morning. If not do as the Dish Rep said, give a private message with your information and they'll fix you up. :popcorn

I had the same experience when I first installed the Sling adapter but everything started working the next day so I would agree with other posts here stating it takes a day or so for everything to start working properly.

Update:
The issue still stands. I have been attempting to get a resolution through the dish rep on here but pretty much have just been told "something is blocking your hopper/sling from loading to the internet." I was told it could be the G router i was using so I went and bought an N router, and still no luck. they also said it could be the switch I was using downstairs (unlikely but worth a shot) so I unplugged it and directly connected it. No luck.

Does anyone have the specific port ranges the hopper/sling use so I can set them up in my router? I am leaving out of town soon and would like to get this up and running since this is why I ordered it in the first place.

My sling adapter experience is sporadic at best on a 20mb connection. When I first received my sling adapters they were not really working that great. I would click on live TV and I would get the player and it would just say "No Video Signal" on the players menu bar same if I tried to watch a recorded event. Then I tried again in a few days and I was able to watch a program on my back porch using my notebook just fine off of Hopper #2. The next time I tried to use my Sling Adapters I couldn't even view the list of my recorded programs and timers on Hopper #2 (to my knowledge no Sling Adapter is even needed to do this part) but was able to list the events and timers from Hopper #1 and watch them just fine. I haven't tried remote viewing from someone else's internet connection yet. When I don't have these issues the video quality is pretty good.

Sling has worked fairly well for since last fall. I had the vip922 then, I have Hopper now with the Adapter, it was plug and play for me. I have had one failure which required a reset, that was right after the latest SW update. I use a Mac Time Capsule and a Netgear switch within the system, DSL, nothing special.
The Hopper is hardwired, never tried wireless with Sling. I've read of these issue before, it usually ends up being a router or switch, but you seem to have eliminated that so I don't know.....Have you tried to use DishOnline and Dish Remote Access or setting an account with WatchSling.com ? I've found that sometimes when one does not connect the others do, just a thought, it can be a process....

I wasnt aware of watchsling.com. I still am having the same issues today. I spoke with customer support level 2 yesterday and they asked me for a bunch of numbers then said to call them back in about a week if I am still having the same issue.... Pretty sure I am not going to be able to get this issue fixed. I will however try watchsling.com first.

Edit: how do I go about setting it up on the official slingbox website?

Last edited:
Go to
watch.slingbox.com/sling_player
Sling setup follow the instructions.
I set mine up when I had the 922, it still works with the Hopper, I did have to change the ID number.

Go to
watch.slingbox.com/sling_player
Sling setup follow the instructions.
I set mine up when I had the 922, it still works with the Hopper, I did have to change the ID number.

The problem I have is getting the password administrator password for the sling website. From what I have read the only way to do it is to go into dishonline > dvr > my recordings > view page source and retrieve it that way. Thus the problem is I STILL cannot access anything on dishonline.com. Any other way to get this so called password?

Check this out,
Connect Direct to Slingbox? - DBSTalk.Com
I still don't get why you can't get into DishOnline, did you try Dish Remote Access?
DISH Remote Access Login - Sling.com

Alright that article helped thank you. I can get live TV on the sling website. However I cant pull up the guide or anything, so at least I know the sling is *kind of* working. The Dish remote access website, I cant seem to create an account for it. I cant find a "dish remote access" under my account. The video I found on how to setup dish remote access seems outdated unfortunately. Hopefully Dish actually will follow through with assisting me with this program as now I know it can stream TV just fine since I was able to pick it up off of the sling website.

The guide on the Watch Sling site has never worked, I have complained to no avail.
Click on this for the other/better site .....

DISH Remote Access Login
- Sling.com

I tried that link. I cant seem to create an account for it, and theres nowhere under "My account" on dish.com to create one. If I use my other account (for the normal sling site.) when I login it just takes me to a blank white page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)