Sling issues (new user)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I tried that link. I cant seem to create an account for it, and theres nowhere under "My account" on dish.com to create one. If I use my other account (for the normal sling site.) when I login it just takes me to a blank white page.
It was the first Sling remote access site, I prefer it, use it all the time. They may have limited it to existing accounts. Contact one of the DIRT (Dish reps) they'll know how it works.
Did you go to your Dish account page and click on Dish Remote Access and set up your account there? Upper left 3rd one over.

Alright so strange issue. Got the dish.sling.com to work (dish remote access). Everything was working ok for about 10 minutes. I checked out my dvr and chose a program, and when I went to choose live tv it wouldnt let me... Only thing it gives me an option to do is restart the dvr program. So I got back to the DVR and now NOTHING is showing up, it says theres nothing on the dvr... now also all the live tv options is nothing but Spanish channels. This is ridiculous.

Edit: also under preferences it only has "Show language Spanish"

Edit 2: alright I seem to have gotten it to work now. Only through the dish.sling.com. I cant hit stop while in a dvr show or else it wont let me watch live tv for some reason. I have to hit live then choose a program from the guide. This seems to work so I will use it until Dish gets there crap together with dishonline.com since they were so quick to blame that it was all my equipment (obviously its not since dishonline still isnt working, and dish.sling is.) Thanks to everyone for all there help especially 365B. And I fixed the spanish option, just had to do a little digging.

Last edited:
Glad you got it going, I don't know why this is but don't be surprised if everything starts working normally tomorrow or the next day.
I've seen and read of some really goofy stuff with regards to Slinging.

Last edited:
Just thought I would let you know you are not going crazy. I have been using dishonline.com to access my hopper for over a month now. All of a sudden when I was on vacation over a week ago (and really wanted to watch something), I started experiencing similar problems like you are describing. When I would log in, it would either go to a "page doesn't exist" page or go back to the login page again in spite of the fact that it did seem to log me in and let me access my account. The other issue I am having is that no matter what I do (tried reset, etc), it says my receiver is offline and it can't connect. Did a chat with Dish about this today (couldn't do anything sooner since we were out of town and not physically near the hopper) - was told that they are having technical difficulties with dishonline connecting to receivers, but their techs are supposedly working on it, but they have no idea whatsoever when it will be fixed. When I asked how I'm supposed to watch shows online, they said to try my phone or iPad. Well, I tried that and those apps can't find the receiver either.

Anyone else heard about this problem and know a workaround to watch my recordings online? Was the info from the agent correct?

Hi, this does sound like you are having a problem with the sling access. Can you please PM me with your account or phone number so I can look into this for you? Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts