Sirius HInts from Programming Chart

I would like for them to add xm in addition to the sirius channels if they have enough bandwith.They could put the xm channels in the 5000s.I know they don't plan to add xm at this point but according to the latest Charlie Chat the Sirius channels have been a success so imagine how both would go over on dish.Just a thought but I'd like to hear both on dish.I'd also like to get the remaining sirius talk,news,traffic and weather on dish.

Minority report here.

I like the disk jockeys. They add personality and soul to an otherwise sterile, computer generated service. If you want nothing but music, Chuck's got you covered with Muzak.

GaryPen said:
The music provides the heart and soul. Screaming dickwads take away from it. I do have a few of the Muzak stations in my favorites. But, Sirius, in general, has better musical selection.

Maybe the problem is your choice of channels. No screaming by dickwads or anyone else, on the channels I listen to. ;)

Unfortunately, on some of the channels that contain the music I want to listen to, the screaming dickwad quotient is relatively high. On other channels, with a "mellower" or "old fart" style of musical content, the dickwads keep their comments at a more tolerable, albeit still obtrusive, volume level.

The point is: the music should speak for itself. Without commercials, and with the name of the song displayed on the TV or LCD display, there is absolutely no need for DJ's on satellite radio. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. Zero.

Well, the stream jockeys I like are the ones who accentuate the music with trivia, band info etc...

if they get off topic for their stream, then I don't like them.

As a long time Directv subscriber that has had to suffer the past two years with "Digital" cable, I am so happy to have Dish now.

I signed with Dish over Dierctv because of Sirius. Directv has a better deal right now, but I wanted the abililty to listen to Sirius at the house. The picture quality is so much better than "Digital" cable.

I wish that Dish carried the Talk channels from Sirius. I like the fact that the DJ's talk, I don't like them to go on and on. I also want them to only talk about the music.

I wonder what kind of wash out I will get when we get the heavy rain we often get here in Houston. :shocked

You should have heard the guy at Dish when I told him that I didn't want the PVR. I have 3 TIVO's with lifetime, so I am covered there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)