Sirius XM Planning Iphone App.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Good News for us who are waiting for this.

Sirius XM Radio planning to stream its subscriber radio to iPhone, iPod Touch NEW YORK (AP) -- Sirius XM Radio Inc. is planning to stream its subscription radio service to the iPhone and iPod Touch devices from Apple Inc.

After narrowly avoiding a filing for bankruptcy protection last month, the nation's only satellite radio provider wants to step up sales directly to consumers. New car purchases -- which had been Sirius' best source of customers -- are way down.
Sirius XM also said in a call Thursday to discuss its fourth-quarter earnings that it's ramping up efforts to reach buyers of used cars with factory-installed satellite radios.

I can hear it now "great new xm subs. you can now listen to us on your iphone which you purchased to avoid listening to us, and if you sign up now for our iphone plan we will give you the first year for only 77$ that way you can hear us in the same place you could hear us with a inno. If the iphone isnt part of a radio subscription i dont think i will get it, i get plenty of stuff i used to love xm for on my iphone already.

If you want to subscribe you have to pay $12.99 a month, as if you were getting all channels online, which you won't be. Slacker and Pandora do a much better job on the Music side, talk content is available on Public Radio, AOL Radio, Flycast, iHeartRadio (including WLW on that last one which was recently eliminated from XM), and other programs. I get the ESPN Radio national feed on Wunderradio as well. Satellite radio is irrelevant.

Agreed its stupid i would not pay 12.99 a month to hear xm on my iphone when theres so much more free content thats so much better, and chances are itll be that watered down best of sirius xm with 1 chan from each catagory, lame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts