Sirius XM to raise price for basic package

Just go my brochure/thank you card to remind me about the upcoming rate increase, it's a no brainer for me that o renew again for my yearly plan it will take the usual I am going to have To cancel discount. So we will see as if I can't get a discount I can live without xm

Nope its a lot more then that.

XMFan.com :: #1 Fan Site of Sirius XM Satellite Radio :: More details about SXM 2.0
XMFan.com :: #1 Fan Site of Sirius XM Satellite Radio :: SiriusXM Transitional Network Changes from 1.0 to 2.0

New radios will be needed to pick up all the new channels. Older radios will not get all the channels they have now... to me it looks like its going to be a mess.
And with the elimination of the terrestrial repeaters, the reception will become even worse.

When I had XM I never had a reception issue anywhere I went, even through tunnels. Now, with the same setup I lose signal just going next to a tree and under a pedestrian overpass.

Yup check out the thread at XMFan .. to me it looks like it will be a mess.

Sure with 2.0 you will get 30 new stations, but what stations can they really add that will make me want to upgrade? Why dont they just FIX the stations they have now? If you an old XM guy like me then you know the channels were MUCH better before the merger.
Exactly. They may have had fewer channels, but each channel had a much broader music library and NO DJ's at all (at least on the classic rock stations)

I thought they were reducing, not eliminating, repeaters. Have I missed something? When the shift is complete, that is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)