SiriusConnect Receivers

hehfahq

Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Anybody know why the SiriusConnect receivers for aftermarket headunits have been discontinued. I have a JVC KD-HDR1 radio and was looking to get a SIR-JVC1 from Crutchfield. It is listed as "no longer available". I called Crutchfield CS and they said it was discontinued in June and there is no other option to add and control Sirius through my "SAT Ready" receiver. They also said they don't know of any replacement model at this time. I also see the SiriusConnect receivers for Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer and other aftermarket radios are not available as well. Not only through Crutchfield, but from Best Buy and Circuit City too. Does anyone know why these were discontinued before a new model was released. Not a good decision by Sirius if they want to continue to get new subs. I know that I can pick one up from ebay or smaller online retailers, and I might just do that. Just wondering if someone knows what's going on with these units?

Thanks,
Chuck

buy the warranty for the sir-jvc1 i just purchased same radio as you last may, the sirius tuner sir-jvc1 breaks all the time on me im on my 6th tuner now
althouhgh to the jvc radio im also running xm with sirius
prurchae warranty for sir-jvc1!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts