SiriusXM Android App

iwannarock1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Stern nation
Anybody else have it, and using it? I have sprint, which Sirius has told me has a problem their phones. My Samsung instinct would play it for about 2 minutes then stop. Then I have to turn the screen back on and the stream will play for another 2 minutes, and stop. Sprint sent me out a new phone(LG Optimus S), which is a pretty nice phone, but the App still does the same thing. It sucks when I'm running or working out, to have to hit the screen on button every 2 minutes to keep the music playing.:rant:

In the App it has a list of phones it says are approved for the app, but of course only 1 of them is a sprint phone. Anybody else having luck with this app? if so, which phone are you using?

The app is buggy sometimes it wont let me login and tells me I must upgrade me account for mobile listening then other time it runs fine.

I am glad I dont use it much as it is very buggy.

On my Nexus 1 with CM 6.1 on AT&T overall it works well. It is far from perfect in terms of consistency. Sometimes it simply won't login or won't change channels, but often if you just close the app and reopen it it will work fine. I use it all the time since the FroYo 2.2 update. I haven't used my regular radio indoors since I got the app now that Howard is on it. Seems weird that Sprint would have issues with the app. Hope you figure out a way to get it to run right.

I use the app 10+ hours a day some days, depending on if I feel like listening to Sirius XM or Pandora, and provided I'm in a company vehicle that day with a cassette player so I can use a tape adaptor. While the app could be better and has quarks every so often, for the most part it’s okay I guess. There is a known bug using the original version of the app with Android 2.2, but Sirius XM sent out an updates, weeks later that fixed it. I also can’t login sometimes and once. I’m using an HTC Evo on Sprint.

I have the APP, use it from time to time, I don't have any issues with it.
I use to have an Instinct and it didn't work very well with it either, but nothing worked very well with it.

I traded it in for a REAL Smart Phone (Samsung Epic), I always joked that the Instinct was a DUMB phone as I could never get the internet or much else to work correctly with it.... maybe I expected too much from it.
Once I got the Epic, most everything works GREAT.

SiriusXM has been having some issues with the streaming part of their service ever since they switch on the new combined player and website. That said, when did you create your online account and which service are you subscribed to and are you getting an error message in the app? I ask because a couple months ago, I was having the same kind of issue where all of a sudden my player would stop working every couple minutes and pop-up an error message stating that I needed to upgrade or subscribe to keep listening. The issue had to do once again with XMSirius messing around with the authentication system and if you were using an older login to get into streaming, you had to log into the your account area of the XMSirius site and change you login and/or password to basically "update" it to their new combined authentication system.

Now I've been working since every since then... at least until last night when I've been trying to setup the XMTuner software all of a sudden I was unable to login to the web player or stream for the XMTuner software even thought I had been on and off for a couple hours or so before while I troubleshooted things. But my iPod Touch app was working just peachy. I thought I might need to change my username for streaming again, and it won't let me use my e-mail address. I just gave up and went to bed. Hope the above helps you out. Their service can be frustrating at times.

Not sure ... I use the Sirius XM app on my DroidX quite often, and it generally works like a champ. My wife was traveling yesterday and said it was cutting out on her in the car (using her DroidX), but when the phone is stationary it generally works well for us.

Problem is, who's channel numbering system do you use? There is now one Sirius XM Online service, but two seperate satellite services and other then a small handful of channels, there's different channel numbers involved. The satellite services been to be more unified.

Problem is, who's channel numbering system do you use? There is now one Sirius XM Online service, but two seperate satellite services and other then a small handful of channels, there's different channel numbers involved. The satellite services been to be more unified.

They should set it up the way it is for your car .... I get XM with the BOS package, so the numbers are the same for XM with the BOS numbers added in, it would not be very hard to do it .... slight adjustment to the software to simply ask when you open "Are you XM or Sirius, chose one and go from there.

Just set your favorites and call it a day.

Yep, that how I do it. I have my favorites set up in how I think they should be numbered not the way Sirius and XM have them numbered.

That won't work in my case, the channels I am looking for just aren't there.... such as the NASCAR channel... for some reason NO games are included.

SiriusXM has been having some issues with the streaming part of their service ever since they switch on the new combined player and website. That said, when did you create your online account and which service are you subscribed to and are you getting an error message in the app? I ask because a couple months ago, I was having the same kind of issue where all of a sudden my player would stop working every couple minutes and pop-up an error message stating that I needed to upgrade or subscribe to keep listening. The issue had to do once again with XMSirius messing around with the authentication system and if you were using an older login to get into streaming, you had to log into the your account area of the XMSirius site and change you login and/or password to basically "update" it to their new combined authentication system.QUOTE]

After reading this I went and logged in at the website, and it still brought me to the old internet radio(not the enhanced once that I should be able to access with the premium internet subscription). So I logged out, cleared the cookies out of my browser,went back to the website and logged back in, and it took me to the new enhanced internet radio, like it should of. I then unistalled the App, reinstalled the App, and logged in, and it worked flawlessly today. Finally, no more mp3 player at the gym...life is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)