SiriusXM Channels are not on Dish Anywhere

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I cannot find the SiriusXM music channels in the Dish Anywhere App. Occasionally if I am away from home I would like to set a music channel to record, or listen live. I also noticed now I cannot record SiriusXM channels when I at home using the Hopper DVR. Is this a feature that Dish is taking away now?

I believe this changed several months ago if not last year. Agree it is disappointing.

On dish anywhere if you know thr sirius channel number you want to listen to once connected just type the five digit channel and you will be able to listen to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

If you are willing to fork up the money, subscribe to SiriusXM Internet Radio, or even go with both SiriusXM Internet Radio and SiriusXM Satellite Radio with an All Access Package. Either way, with Internet Radio in the package, you can listen on your device on the go, and have even access to more stations, and not just some of the music stations.

On dish anywhere if you know thr sirius channel number you want to listen to once connected just type the five digit channel and you will be able to listen to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

Do you happen to know how much data it eats up to listen to Sirius on a phone? I would like to do this, but would worry about the family shared data. I could test this, but wondered if you already knew. Thanks.

Do you happen to know how much data it eats up to listen to Sirius on a phone? I would like to do this, but would worry about the family shared data. I could test this, but wondered if you already knew. Thanks.

From what I understand, different channels stream at different bandwidths on the SXM app. The more popular channels stream at higher bandwidths than the less popular ones. I would guess that none of them broadcast below 128kbps unless they are talk-only or sports. It's been awhile since I used the app, but iirc there was an option to toggle higher quality streams (or turn them off) in the settings.

PS- If your carrier is Tmobile, NONE of the data used by the SXM app counts against your usage ("Music Freedom")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)