SiriusXM Introduces SiriusXM 2.0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SiriusXM Introduces SiriusXM 2.0 with New Music, Sports and Entertainment Channels, Including SiriusXM Latino

New programming available now online and over satellite to new SiriusXM Edge radios

Additional programming includes new commercial-free music channels, and sports and comedy channels, such as channels produced with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, ESPN SportsCenter, George Carlin and Upright Citizens Brigade

SiriusXM Latino launches most comprehensive lineup of Latin channels in radio including commercial-free music, Cristina Radio featuring iconic talk show host Cristina Saralegui, RadioFórmula México, Playboy Radio en Español and more

NEW YORK – October 17, 2011 – Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced an expanded channel lineup of new and exclusive commercial-free music, sports news and comedy. The expansion includes the debut of SiriusXM Latino, a suite of new Latin channels featuring a deep variety of commercial-free music, plus programming from leading providers of Spanish-language sports, news, talk and entertainment.

The launch of new programming is the first phase of SiriusXM 2.0, a major upgrade and evolution of SiriusXM’s satellite and Internet delivered service that will ultimately span hardware, software, audio, and data services. By employing highly efficient modulation and compression techniques introduced as part of 2.0 technology that effectively delivers 25% more bandwidth capacity, SiriusXM will expand its audio and data services without affecting the broadcast quality of existing channels.

Subscribers can access these new channels through SiriusXM Internet Radio and through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones and mobile devices. The new channels are also available by satellite through the new SiriusXM Edge, the first satellite radio able to receive the expanded programming lineup. Edge is on sale now at Shop XM Satellite Radio and available at 2,500 retail locations nationwide by this holiday shopping season. Additional programming and expanded listener capabilities will be announced in coming months as SiriusXM builds on the promise of its new 2.0 technology.

“SiriusXM 2.0 is an exciting new chapter for our company and subscribers, and today is the first important upgrade: going live with new programming that reinforces our commitment to offer the best in audio entertainment,” said Mel Karmazin, Chief Executive Officer of SiriusXM. “The new suite of channels, including the most comprehensive Latin programming lineup available in radio today, makes our combined offering of English and Spanish audio entertainment second to none. We eventually expect the exciting new features and capabilities being added to our service to offer the opportunity for lower subscriber churn and higher sales of internet radio packages. We also look forward to extending 2.0 content and features soon to our OEM car partners, bringing them and their customers the next generation of satellite radio technology.”

An easy way subscribers can get all SiriusXM programming is through the All Access Annual subscription plan: it offers all satellite radio programming, including premium channels, access to all online channels, and the ability to listen to all programming available through smartphones and mobile devices, for $199 a year, a significant savings.

“The expansion of our commercial-free music offerings, the launch of SiriusXM Latino, the near-doubling of our comedy channels, and additions to our live sports talk, deepens the channel offerings available to SiriusXM subscribers and adds to our unparalleled audio entertainment lineup,” said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM.

The expanded programming offering from SiriusXM includes:
· Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio, channel 310: SiriusXM and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will commemorate the artists who’ve been inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. The channel will feature highlights from Induction Ceremonies from the past, the Rock Hall’s famous 25th anniversary celebration from Madison Square Garden, and stories from the Museum. The channel will also contain music and stories from Rock Hall inductees The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Temptations, The Doors, Pink Floyd, U2, Tom Petty, and more.

· SiriusXM Comes Alive!, channel 316: Hear the ultimate library of live classic rock recordings seamlessly hand crafted, song by song. Even if you weren’t there, you can experience these magical moments 24/7 on one channel. Get your lighters out and get ready to rock as SiriusXM Comes Alive!

· RockBar, channel 313: Step into your favorite rocking bar for non-stop sing-a-long anthems from artists like AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Van Halen, Nickelback, The Ramones, Aerosmith, Motley Crüe, Led Zeppelin, and more.

· Classic College Radio, channel 319: The roots of Indie Rock started on college campuses across North America. SiriusXM brings the spirit and the passion of those early days of indie rock to this channel with the music of Sonic Youth, The Replacements, The Pixies, R.E.M., Bjork, Guided by Voices, among others.

· Red White & Booze, channel 350: The music of Country-themed bars and honky tonks across America, featuring a mix of country and rock songs from artists like Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean, Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and more.

· Party Mega Mix, channel 300: The party never ends with SiriusXM’s Party Mega Mix. An upbeat party soundtrack from artists like The Black Eyed Peas, B-52’s, Katy Perry, Run DMC, Usher, and more.

· Krishna Das Yoga Radio, channel 360: Coming soon. Created in partnership with yoga musician Krishna Das, who the New York Times called the “Chant Master of American Yoga,” the channel features music from Krishna Das and many different artists from the world of yoga and meditation. Listeners will be transported to a deeper place where they can quiet the mind and open the heart.

A near-doubling of SiriusXM’s exclusive, edgy and ground-breaking comedy suite; our existing Raw Dog (Comedy Uncensored), The Foxxhole (produced by Jamie Foxx), Blue Collar Comedy and family-friendly Laugh USA channels are joined by:
· Carlin’s Corner, channel 400: Produced with George Carlin’s daughter, Kelly Carlin, and his best friend and business partner, Jerry Hamza, SiriusXM honors the man who made the “seven deadly words” famous with his own channel, featuring the albums, concerts and private archives of the one and only George Carlin.

· UCB Radio, channel 406: Produced with the irreverent and already legendary Upright Citizens Brigade, SiriusXM gives a voice to the underground sketch, improv and stand-up comedy that is breaking new styles of comedy and launching new star comedians.

· Dirty Dog, channel 403: Pushing the boundaries of rude and raucous comedy farther than ever before, including favorite comics at their edgiest, such as Sam Kinison, Jim Norton, Doug Stanhope, Artie Lange, Lisa Lampanelli, Sarah Silverman and more.

Adding to SiriusXM’s already unique and dominant lineup of sports talk and live play-by-play for NFL, MLB, NHL, PGA TOUR, NASCAR, and college sports, the expanded programming lineup now includes:

· ESPN SportsCenter, channel 370: The only radio channel offering 24-hour access to the best in sports news and highlights shows, including SportsCenter, ESPNews and more.

The SiriusXM Latino channel lineup will now feature exclusive commercial-free music channels covering a wide variety of music genres, including:
· Caliente, channel 150: A red-hot mix of the biggest hits of tropical, salsa, merengue and Reggaeton, playing, among others, Marc Anthony, Juanes, Juan Luis Guerra, Aventura, Shakira, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Daddy Yankee, Paulina Rubio, Victor Manuelle, and Luis Miguel.

· Viva, channel 500: The brightest Latin stars in contemporary pop, alternative and ballads, playing Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, Maná, Camila, Juanes, Luis Fonsi, Julieta Venegas, Belanova, La Quinta Estación and more.

· La Mezcla, channel 503: Top hits in Spanish and English, playing Lady Gaga, Paulina Rubio, Ke$ha, Shakira, Britney Spears, Pitbull, Katy Perry, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, and more.

· Flow Nación, channel 506: The hottest sounds in Latin hip-hop and Reggaeton, featuring Pitbull, Wisin & Yandel, Lil Rob, Daddy Yankee, Baby Bash, Nina Sky, Don Omar, and Kat Deluna.

· Aguila, channel 510: The sound of Norteño bands, Ranchera, Duranguense and the sounds of traditional Mexican music, including among others Larry Hernandez, Ana Gabriel, Los Tigres Del Norte, La Adictiva Banda San José, El Trono de Mexico, Banda Machos, Vicente Fernandez, and Jenni Rivera.

· Latidos, channel 520: Romantic Latin love songs from the ‘90s to today, with such artists as Alejandro Sanz, Chayanne, Camila, Gloria Estefan, Cristan Castro, Luis Miguel, Franco de Vita, and Laura Pausini.

· Caricia, channel 523: The classics from unforgettable artists in Spanish and English, showcasing Miguel Bosé, Juan Gabriel, Bee Gees, Roberto Carlos, Camilo Sesto, Journey, Julio Iglesias, and Pimpinela.

· Luna, channel 530: Latin percussion and Afro-Cuban rhythms blended with Jazz for a fun-filled musical journey, with selections from Tito Puente, Eddie Palmieri, Cal Tjader, Paquito D’Rivera, Chucho Valdes, Dizzy Gillespie, Mongo Santamaria, and more.

· Rumbón, channel 533: Classic salsa from the legendary artists and bands from yesterday, playing, among others, Fania All Stars, Celia Cruz, Hector Lavoe, Willie Colon, Rubén Blades, Cheo Feliciano, Johnny Pacheco, and Roberto Roena.

· La Kueva, channel 540: Latin rock classics and today’s upcoming artists, including Maná, Fabulosos Cadillacs, Soda Estéreo, Molotov, Juanes, Puya, Rata Blanca, and more.

“With SiriusXM Latino, we look forward to attracting subscribers from the U.S.’s fastest growing population segment, offering the widest variety of Latin programming on broadcast radio today to the bilingual and bicultural audience everywhere in the country,” said Mauro Panzera, Vice President, Hispanic Marketing. “Our new Latin lineup includes programming from top broadcasters and commercial-free music, including various music genres finally available nationwide, all as part of the SiriusXM subscription.”

The expanded Latin channel lineup also adds RadioFórmula México, channel 560, 24/7 news and talk from the leading radio broadcaster from Mexico. It joins on the SiriusXM lineup CNN’s 24-hour Spanish-language news network, CNN en Español on channel 148.

Subscribers will also get sexy, smart, refined and exclusive adult programming showcasing Latin talent on Playboy Radio en Español, channel 569.

Iconic talk show host Cristina Saralegui’s Cristina Radio will feature lifestyle, health and family programming for Latinas, produced by National Latino Broadcasting and launching in the coming months.

In addition, SiriusXM will deliver more world-class Spanish-language sports coverage, featuring play-by-play from NFL teams. Play-by-play will be available on multiple Deportes en Vivo channels, XM channels 550-556, which will also carry sports play-by-play from major college programs such as Army, University of Texas, Oregon State University and University of Nevada, among others, as well as an expanded lineup of MLB games. Deportes en Vivo channels supplement existing Spanish-language sports programming on SiriusXM that includes ESPN Deportes Radio, channel 149, which features sports talk and soccer matches from Spain’s La Liga—including FC Barcelona and Real Madrid—the Mexican Primera División, CONCACAF, Major League Soccer and more. MLB en Español, XM channel 175, will continue to feature Spanish-language broadcasts of MLB games throughout the season. Not all sports programming is available online.

For more information on the new channel lineup in English and Spanish, please visit New Channels - SiriusXM Radio and Welcome to the world of satellite radio - SiriusXM Radio.

If they do indeed require a new radio to listen to the expanded programming I don't see that doing well for business....

Maybe they'll make room for a Sirius Disorder relaunch. Megless Griffin's on the Loft, but I haven't enjoyed that show near as much as before. Play forgotten music, not top pop hits!

I've kept the subscription up with the internet only option anyway, but did they every full flesh out the idea of multiple radios receiving both sirius and XM content? After the merger I remember looking at upgrading and there was only one radio. Maybe getting stations from both providers didn't do enough to get people to buy new radios, so they're trying this approach. They have a new compression codec/mechanism and in order to get even more stations you must upgrade. And with the meh response so far me thinks not.

I'd consider listening to some of the channels but not if I have to drop another $140 on a new radio. These guys are crazy if they think they can peddle Internet radio for $20/month.

And they said HD Radio equipment costs were bad.

Looks like I may become an un-subscriber, I am not replacing the XM- ready radio in my car for the new channels, I'm sure this will not involve any increase in price when I am supposed to re-subscribe in January...

I just noticed that these stations are on my radio, on the iPhone APP, and online. As long as they don't charge more, that is fine with me. I probably won't listen to any of them anyway.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

....and in 2-3 years the Sirius radio in my 2009 Jetta will be worthless. Yet I'll be keeping that car for 10 years. Guess they'll lose another sub here. Gee, that radio has an aux in that works just fine with my iPhone.......

I am about to drop XM all together once the newest price hike goes into effect in January. I already dropped to just the $9.99 music pack on both cars and I'm paying what I used to for XM everything before the last price hike on additional equipment. The next hike is supposed to be around $3.00 and I'm sure it will be on both cars , so $6.00 increase. I am not going to pay that. I will just cancel.

How does this affect the life time subscription folks?
If I remember right, the lifetime subscription doesn't carry over to 2.0 radios. I don't remember exactly what the leaked transition schedule said.

I couldn't wait till morning, new channels are not programming on my 2010 Tundra factory installed radio, nor my portable radio, but is programming on XM internet.
There is supposed to be some kinda of upgrade path for built-in radios. What exactly that is, it was never said. Perhaps some kind of firmware update to allow access to the 2.0 channels.

The new XM Lynx 2.0 radio should be in Best Buy stores next month. That radio has built-in Wifi and Bluetooth and runs their own build of Android. :geekout! That's the one I'm interested in.

You guys should also keep in mind that this is just the first phase of the 2.0 transition which isn't going to be finished until 2015. More 2.0 channels are in the pipeline, more advanced radios are coming. (And your XM 1.0 radios will eventually only get a small core set of stations. Sirius 1.0 radios are getting canned.)

Last edited:
More of the same crap they have on the current platform. They could have at least offered several--like 10 or 20--classical music channels to address the lack of any REAL classical music on the current platform (they are really on two that barely qualify). This is a very cynical move to get subs to trade-up, but I just can't see people seeing ANY value in the 2.0 offerings to upgrade to the new hardware. I think most people are gonna say, "what I have now is just fine, thanks."

After all the hype about Satellite Radio 2.0, this is it? Man, what a letdown. With Spotify for deep playlists and Pandora for radio like automation, I'm really beginning to question my subscription to XM.

I have systematically removed a radio from my account at each price increase. When family plan radios went up, I dropped from 5 radios to 4. When they started charging their royalty add on, I dropped to 3. In January all of the plans increase again, and I'll drop to 1 radio. Hell, I might just drop them all.

I used to love the music on XM but the merger has killed that for me. I'm better off with Pandora, Spotify and the MLB app for baseball than I am buying another new radio for XM.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

DustoMan said:
If I remember right, the lifetime subscription doesn't carry over to 2.0 radios. I don't remember exactly what the leaked transition schedule said.
You remember right. Lifetime subscriptions are not transferable to 2.0 devices.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Instead of more channels that become more specialized, playing a more limited library, whey not just expand the library to the channels they already have? Heck, I would prefer they cut down the number of stations and increase the playlist on the remaining stations vs adding more stations with a limited playlist. I much rather stay on one station than switch between several stations just to hear more variety of just one type of music.

For example, for me to hear the same wide variety of classic rock that is played on the one and only local OTA classic rock station in my area I would have to listen to at least 6 different SiriusXM rock stations. (One reason I was upset that they dropped Rock at Random)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)