SiriusXM Introduces SiriusXM 2.0

I am a fan of Classic Rock, but honestly how many Classic Rock stations do they need?

How many stations do we need to hear Lynyrd Skynyrd on anyways?

Instead of more channels that become more specialized, playing a more limited library, whey not just expand the library to the channels they already have? Heck, I would prefer they cut down the number of stations and increase the playlist on the remaining stations vs adding more stations with a limited playlist. I much rather stay on one station than switch between several stations just to hear more variety of just one type of music.

For example, for me to hear the same wide variety of classic rock that is played on the one and only local OTA classic rock station in my area I would have to listen to at least 6 different SiriusXM rock stations. (One reason I was upset that they dropped Rock at Random)

I listen mainly for the sports channels; however they are loaded with commercials already. So what; more stations with move talk over and commercials for a higher sub rate?? I will stay with my XM roady, if they keep giving me the $77 a year deal. Otherwise they will be history for me next july.

You remember right. Lifetime subscriptions are not transferable to 2.0 devices.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I can only assume that "lifetime" subscribers, like myself, will be forced to use old radios with a dwindling channel lineup. Not to mention we won't be able to transfer our lifetime subscriptions to another radio because Sirius won't be making them anymore.

I knew this merger was going to be terrible for consumers and they are proving it every day. The first clue was, years ago, when Mel Karmazin stated that the only way for Sirius subscribers to get MLB was to also subscribe to XM. Then he laughed and laughed and laughed like it was a big joke that his customers would have to pay twice as much per month.

According to posts at XMFan lifetime subscribers are being able to upgrade to the 2.0 radios and are not being charged the $75 radio swap fees.

I might hop on one. The new Party Mix channel isn't bad.

im wondering about sirius lifetime subscribers? me too chrisn and lets hope they do...ty for help :)

I'm underwhelmed. I've been holding on to about $1500 in Sirius stock in a custodial account for my son. Looks like I'll be ditching it soon.

I have a VW GTI and I guess I'm left out of the new Sirius channels.

Doesn't really matter though. The ones they have are a plenty. If that's not enough the AUX input handles anything my iPhone can throw at it. (Itunes library, Pandora, Slacker, Shoutcast, iHeartRadio, Last.fm, vevo, etc..) Plus with potential pay subscriptions like Spotify or Rdio, theres just an endless amount of tunes out there. The music coming from the cell phone towers into my iphone sound so much clearer than Sirius anyway. I think this December when my time to renew comes up I won't. We'll keep it in the wife's car since she doesn't have an AUX input, but my car doesn't need it. Not to mention I have a 5 CD changer built in that can play MP3's. That's what, 130 songs a CD-R times 5 CD's. Yeah I think my car is covered.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am a fan of Classic Rock, but honestly how many Classic Rock stations do they need?

How many stations do we need to hear Lynyrd Skynyrd on anyways?

Could not agree more

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Perhaps the FCC will get their back up about the idea that there would be a single radio that would work with either service and apply that to additional services. I thought this was to be a condition of the merger at one point.

my sirius subscription is to my factory radio which i have no interest in replacing so i guess this ain't for me. i'd rather have them improve their audio quality for music. after 8 years i'll be leaving next month. not worth it anymore $$ imo....

Perhaps the FCC will get their back up about the idea that there would be a single radio that would work with either service and apply that to additional services. I thought this was to be a condition of the merger at one point.

I think so too. I guess they're complying because in a very few years, there will be only one signal and only one type of radio.

I would think with additional bandwidth instead of adding more channels , give existing channels better sound quality. I like sirius and have been a long time subscriber but its amazing to me how much better a cd or mp3 sounds compared to their quality. I use line output and it really does not dramatically improve the sound quality over fm modulator.
But i guess the masses want 1,000,000,000,000 channels instead of a handful that sound great.

I guess they're complying because in a very few years, there will be only one signal and only one type of radio.
I'm not sure that's the plan. It seems like XM still has a few birds contracted (although they seem to have disappeared from the Russian launch schedule).

I have many adapters for my radio to work at home, in the spa room, in the car, on the patio, etc, with one receiver that I do not see me (being retired and a "fixed" income lower than my "fixed" income when I was working and on a salary) buying into this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)