SiriusXM Lynx

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Anyone know when this new radio is coming out? I really want one and think I am going to replace my Inno with it. :)

It was supposed to be out a few weeks ago but since then it hasn't been mentioned again.

Yeah I saw that. And by itself its not even a satellite radio, only a wiifi receiver. If you want to receive satellite with it you need to purchase a home or car kit which makes it really expensive.

I guess the Lynx really duplicated what the new iOS app can do. I dont know if I want to spend $300 to duplicate what my phone can already do.

Yeah I saw that. And by itself its not even a satellite radio, only a wiifi receiver. If you want to receive satellite with it you need to purchase a home or car kit which makes it really expensive.

I guess the Lynx really duplicated what the new iOS app can do. I dont know if I want to spend $300 to duplicate what my phone can already do.

So I've been wondering about that. If you buy it from Crutchfield, they throw in a home or vehicle dock. What they don't make clear is if when you pay the $250 for the device, are you getting a vehicle dock in the box like with the Edge, or are you just getting that top touch screen unit? If it's just the top unit. Then ya, I can see your point. They should really lop $100 off the price of that main unit to make not getting the docking unit in the box more palatable.

On the other hand, I'm starting to not like my Skydock. My biggest complaint with it is not being able to mount it where ever I want to. I have to stick close to the cigarette lighter plug. Secondly, I keep my iPod Touch in a case and I have to take is out of the case in order to let it sit in SkyDock. If I leave it in the rubber case, the dock connector won't go in all the way. So I've dealt this that problem by getting a dock connector extension cable from CableJive. So now my iPod sits off to the side of the Skydock making it so I actually have to pick up the device in order to change channels or start a podcast. Not really the way I want to use this thing. I like the better FM quality of the Skydock, but it's starting to be the only thing right with the device. And while I love the Skydock app itself, I worry about how much longer Sirius is going to keep that updated.
I have to see how this unit shakes out. I want to use it in the car and also in my living room attached to my home theater system with streaming using WiFi. I want to be able to mount it anywhere in the car. And I think there's still an AUX input on the Lynx so I can listen to my iPod though that.

What does this do that the XM SkyDock for your iPhone cannot do?
Skydock is designed to only work in a vehicle, but I see pictures of people rigging it up to work in home.
Technically, the iPhone will let you access WiFi streaming including Tune Start and Show Finder features through a separate app and Bluetooth streaming. But those aren't functions of the Skydock itself.
Radio Replays capture up to 200 hours of live programming, including up to five channels at once.
Xtra (2.0) channels

Last edited:
It's official!

Sirius XM Radio - SiriusXM Introduces the Lynx Portable Radio, the First SiriusXM 2.0 Radio that Offers New Features and Expanded Channel Lineup via Satellite and Internet

EDIT: Okay I just ordered one... Hey Scott- Here's a $20 off Special Offer Code in cause you want to get one from Crutchfield: 3A825
Ordering direct from XM is $318 for just the radio and car kit... ouch. I got both kits and the radio from Crutchfield for $299.89 with that code.

You got over charged since everybody who preordered at Crutchfield got both kits for free for a total of $229

ROLLTIDE said:
You got over charged since everybody who preordered at Crutchfield got both kits for free for a total of $229

What?! When did that happen? The listing was up when? Late November/Early December? I didn't see them offer that deal. Just the one kit for free every time I looked. Oh and that coupon code killed the free kit deal so I had to e-mail them to fix it. Had to take off the $20 off coupon. Oh well.

What?! When did that happen? The listing was up when? Late November/Early December? I didn't see them offer that deal. Just the one kit for free every time I looked. Oh and that coupon code killed the free kit deal so I had to e-mail them to fix it. Had to take off the $20 off coupon. Oh well.

From Crutchfield
Hello,

Good news! The SiriusXM Lynx™ Wi-Fi® enabled satellite radio you ordered has been received here at Crutchfield. You’ll receive a separate shipping confirmation, which will include detailed tracking information.

When you placed your order, you had the choice of a free home kit or car kit. To thank you for your patience, Sirius is providing both kits for free with your Lynx purchase, which is a $140 retail value. You’ll be able to enjoy your Lynx in more places.

Your Lynx is among the first units delivered in the U.S. We hope you’ll be one of the first to write a user review.
On behalf of our friends at SiriusXM, we wish you a very entertaining 2012.

The Crutchfield Team
888-477-8175

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)