comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Just received in my email....

sirius.png

I quit them when they merged the two companies. Part of the merger OK was that they wouldn’t raise rates. So, they added royalties. Total BS!

I gave up on it when Howard went to 3 days and 35 weeks out of the year, have not missed it.

As an employee of FCA I get a great deal of $99/year for both car and streaming. I won’t pay more than that. If they try I’ll cancel immediately.

Nope and when I got mine I paid $300 for lifetime satellite and internet streaming. :)
Same here. My dad and I both bought one as soon as Stern announced he was going there.

Both of our radios still work. Plus we can stream on anything. I use it on the app and Alexa. Best $300 we ever spent.

If SXM offered a package with all the non-music channels, including the live sports, and zero music channels, I would sign up.

I have no interest in the music channels at all.

If SXM offered a package with all the non-music channels, including the live sports, and zero music channels, I would sign up.

I have no interest in the music channels at all.

Looking at the bottom of the notice I received, it sounds like maybe they do have packages like that... "Packages that are not charged the U.S. Music Royalty Fee include News, Sports & Talk, Traffic, Travel Link, Weather, Marine Weather and Aviation Weather."

Looking at the bottom of the notice I received, it sounds like maybe they do have packages like that... "Packages that are not charged the U.S. Music Royalty Fee include News, Sports & Talk, Traffic, Travel Link, Weather, Marine Weather and Aviation Weather."

Key word is "all". Their talk only packages do not include ALL non-music channels. Just some.

I believe the have an radio upgrade fee..and at one point you couldn't use out for a car radio..so it's a bit more than 300

You can change out the radio 3 times on the lifetime plan. I am still on radio one. Of the radio dies to switch it to another radio it’s $14.95.

You can not activate car radios on the lifetime plan.

For the car I use Bluetooth to my car stereo. So just use the SiriusXM app and get all the channels.

As I said best $300 I have spent.

Reactions: Annie61 and Gobucks
You'll likely find...over time...that the music royalty fees will continue to go up. what's strange is how they apparently (??) add that in to your subscription as a variable fee instead of just including it in their costs...do I have that correct?

If that's true, they'll be losing more subs over time as music royalty fees are out of control to all kinds of providers. Since GMR got added to the existing BMI, ASCAP, SESAC and (if streaming) Soundexchange organizations, it has opened the door for ANYONE with deep pockets to buy up some music rights, then by pure extortion tell anyone who would use it, "pay up or be sued." That's exactly what GMR has done to broadcast services, and I'm sure they're putting their thumbscrews down on satellite radio. I love the technology, and...when the companies were separate, I was a loyal customer with a long commute so I used it. Now, even when "free" for 2 months with no credit card required to enjoy it, I shake my head at the quality of sound on some channels. But, steering back to the topic....watch these fees go up. It's scary to consumers...and scarier to programmers of ALL kinds, terrestrial and satellite.

You can change out the radio 3 times on the lifetime plan. I am still on radio one. Of the radio dies to switch it to another radio it’s $14.95.

You can not activate car radios on the lifetime plan.

For the car I use Bluetooth to my car stereo. So just use the SiriusXM app and get all the channels.

As I said best $300 I have spent.
When I did it..it was $70 or so...a long time ago

I just called for my six month renewal, for one of my cars. First call was for about 15.00 a month. Called again and was able to get 30.00 for six months. Will go through the same in another six months

Reactions: TheKrell
I just called for my six month renewal, for one of my cars. First call was for about 15.00 a month. Called again and was able to get 30.00 for six months. Will go through the same in another six months
Is that $30 out the door or do you have royalty fees on top of that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts