SiriusXM Streaming on Alexa devices

It's true Amazon/Alexa has never had the ID information.
Is this the price we pay for multiple streams (on one account) to our Echoes? That seems unlikely, so I am :mad: at whoever wrote the skill for SiriusXM. I presume this is SiriusXM...

More weirdness. I left SiriusXM streaming on my Dot on the main level. I went downstairs to play the same channel on my pair of Dots (for stereo) and my Echo Sub when an interesting song (new to me) came on. I cranked up the PC player to see what song it was. I didn't even hit play! Shortly thereafter, my stereo pair started playing NOISE. But my Dot upstairs continued unaffected. This behavior makes no sense to me.

Reactions: Tampa8
I hadn't seen this thread before.

There is no limit I have found to how many streams of SiriusXM to Amazon devices you have. However if you stream to a mobile device (Cell, Tablet, Computer) that is the only stream you can have for that sign in. That's either using the Siriusxm app or the Alexa app. At least that's how it has worked for me over the years.

It's true Amazon/Alexa has never had the ID information. And what you describe is indeed new. I recently realized if I even open the SiriusXM app it stops the stream to my Alexa device(s). Since we have three radio's with a subscription to online streaming I made the Amazon account a different sign in than for any other devices. Since doing that I found far less times of SiriusXM stopping for no apparent reason over Alexa. And we have more flexibility in multiple people streaming.
this is not true have two firetv's can only play Sirius on one TV at a time

A Fire Stick is considered mobile by SiriusXM so as I posted for mobile devices only one stream. On dot's and Echo's etc I have tried multiple streams with no problem and regularly we have three at one time. I do agree instead of saying Amazon devices it is clearer to say on Echo's and Dots.

(note - on their page they listed all the ways to listen, under mobile were Fire Sticks, under Amazon were Echo's etc, so they broke it out)

Reactions: TheKrell
I did not test that. But I did play SiriusXM using one of my FireTV sticks, and it played just fine. But it showed no artist/title information, just like my Echos. Same for my Echo Show.

Reactions: Tampa8
i am talking about a TV not the stick an actually TV
Well, then I don't understand why SiriusXM does this. I think one observer above speculated that you could have only 1 mobile device streaming at a time, but unlimited stationary devices such as all the Echoes in the house. But as you found out, other stuff that is stationary (such as your FireTV or my desktop PC) kills the stream(s) on my Echoes. I have observed that, when I examine what song is playing on my PC, even if I don't hit the "play" button in player.siriusxm.com, the stream to my Echo stereo Dots + Sub go to noise, after which time Alexa tells me "something went wrong". If I close the SiriusXM page quickly enough, other Echoes continue playing. So I have no idea what SiriusXM is doing. But it sure is annoying that I can't ask "Alexa, what song are you playing", and get anything more detailed than the channel name. This sucks.

They might be able to. Do you know for a fact that they can't?
I don't, but I can't help but think a Roku TV doesn't look a lot like a Roku device or that a Sony TV with Android TV looks a lot like a nVidia Shield.

For its part, a web browser details what it is running on pretty completely and an Echo device probably doesn't make a move without going through Amazon.

I don't, but I can't help but think a Roku TV doesn't look a lot like a Roku device or that a Sony TV with Android TV looks a lot like a nVidia Shield.

For its part, a web browser details what it is running on pretty completely and an Echo device probably doesn't make a move without going through Amazon.
So why ask questions about something that you don't even know the answers? It only muddies the waters.

You do have to wonder why they can't display Artist and Title information from SiriusXM.

Even my station displays that information on Alexa Devices.

Try saying "Alexa Play Fun Tower Radio" and you will see what I mean.

Try saying "Alexa Play Fun Tower Radio" and you will see what I mean.
Cool! My favorite Mr. Mister song is playing right now. But if I ask Alexa (via my stereo pair of Dots/sub) what is playing, she merely answers "Fun Tower Radio" and not "Broken Wings". That is what I want her to do when I play my favorite SiriusXM channel. Are you saying that this works correctly from an Echo Show?

If you have a show it displays what is playing. It does not do that on SiriusXM channels.

IMG_1540.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys