SiriusXM Streaming on Alexa devices

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is nuts. I can't keep music playing on my Echos! It's almost as though SiriusXM caught up with Echo owners and disallow all but one stream to one Echo. :crying More experimentation is called for.

The Spa and Spa Instrumental channels on my Echoes now behave more like an on-demand service than they do a linear radio channel. If I start up the same channel on more than one Echo, it will be playing different music. In fact, if I'm on Spa Instrumental (Alexa's favorite), I can tell my Echo to play the same channel it's already playing, and it switches to a different track. This is actually handy if I don't much care for what they're playing.

This is nuts. I can't keep music playing on my Echos! It's almost as though SiriusXM caught up with Echo owners and disallow all but one stream to one Echo. :crying
We have a resolution. It turns out that my latest refurbished Echo Dot is defective and keeps crashing and rebooting. I can still play my favorite channel simultaneously on any of my remaining Echoes. I am returning the defective Dot since I only got it a couple of weeks ago.

Reactions: Foxbat and Bobby
Did you get a another one?
Not right away, because these older models aren't available new. Just a few days ago, I finally noticed them available on Woot for $20, so I sprung for another supposedly "like new". We shall see, but the refurbished equipment I've gotten from Amazon and Woot has generally been in pristine condition. My Dot that kept crashing was the exception, and Amazon promptly refunded my money as soon as UPS scanned it in.

Not right away, because these older models aren't available new. Just a few days ago, I finally noticed them available on Woot for $20, so I sprung for another supposedly "like new". We shall see, but the refurbished equipment I've gotten from Amazon and Woot has generally been in pristine condition. My Dot that kept crashing was the exception, and Amazon promptly refunded my money as soon as UPS scanned it in.
I think there was a Generation that was recommended to stay away from, I think it was Gen 3, or was it Gen 2 ????

I think there was a Generation that was recommended to stay away from, I think it was Gen 3, or was it Gen 2 ????
I would warn people against gen 4 because they're spherical, have fabric next to the buttons on top, and the speaker is tilted at an angle.

IMHO "spherical" is harder to place, the fabric is more likely to get dirty, and you get no bass reinforcement from the table it's sitting on. I have ~7 gen 3 Dots, and 2 gen 3 Echoes. In general, you get better sound with each new generation. Amazon claims their 4th gen Echoes sound better, though I suspect that is just loudness on which they base their claim. Not sure. I did buy a 4th gen Dot and sent it back due to inferior bass.

What I would really like to see is a frequency response curve for all Echoes. Remember when those were supplied with speakers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts