SiriusXM vs. Dish CD...who's listening?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AngryStamen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
So, I actually love that Dish gives us the music channels from SiriusXM, but I don't get why they also have their own DishCD channels as well? It seems kinda redundant to me.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Does anyone listen to DishCD? Just curious...

Dish channels were there first. SiriusXM was added later. Originally everyone got the Dish channels and SiriusXM was in the 250 packags only. It has since been moved down. I'm not sure if it's in all packages but the Dish channels are.

I have never bothered with either set. The audio quality is poor, and since I dropped Sirius, I have had no interest in them. They could drop them anytime, and I would not miss them.

I listen to Sirius/XM quite frequently. I just turn on the audio receiver tuned to the DVR and enjoy the music. I tune the DVR from my phone with DishAnywhere. No need for the TV.

Larry
SF

I listen to both. Sirius gets too chatty often times. More choice is good. Dish Christmas channels far better.

I thought Sirius/XM was only in 250? If not we might have an opportunity for a downgrade. Wife would not like to give up Sirius channels on Dish. I think there are just a couple other channels like DIY that I watch a lot. Seems Dish knows where to place certain channels to keep you in the upper packages.

I think the Dish MusicCD channels are only in AT250. Anyhow, I occasionally listen to the MusicCD channels because the quality is pretty good: 48kHz MPEG2, like a European DVD. SiriusXM channels, on the other hand, are not audiophile quality. If you like DJs interrupting your music, and you like music that sounds like it's being performed underwater, then SiriusXM is for you.

Sirius Xm yes, the DISH CD NO. In fact I blocked all the DISH audio /cd music since I never listen to it and I want a cleaner guide.

SiriusXM sounds WORLDS better on DISH then it sounds on an Sirius or XM Satellite Radio.

The DISH CD channels are there as part of an agreement between DISH and MUZAK. I believe there are still a few hidden channels which are only available to commercial locations that subscribe to the Muzak service.

I'll take the Dish CD/Muzak channels any day. Sirius/XM is too much like terrestrial radio with many of the same songs over and over. But when I listen to music its either CD's, .wav files or sometimes even good old vinyl.

Never really tune to the cd channels, I do like the sirius ones though. Would be great to add the comedy channels also

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

SiriusXM sounds WORLDS better on DISH then it sounds on an Sirius or XM Satellite Radio.

The DISH CD channels are there as part of an agreement between DISH and MUZAK. I believe there are still a few hidden channels which are only available to commercial locations that subscribe to the Muzak service.

If only audio quality was the only issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts